• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton Hicks

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anybody else is having braxton hicks contractions already? I've been having them for the last few weeks but they're becoming more stronger and frequent. I can't remember feeling them this soon on my last 3 pregnancies so am a little worried about having a prem baby. Baby is kicking well so all seems well so I won't go and get checked out as i'm confident they're just braxtion hicks.

i dont think i've felt any :oops:

i'm secretly hoping that i've had them and not felt the pain :wink: that makes me feel like i will cope better with labour :wink:

Hey! I have no personal experience of this, but I've just read the post out to my wonderful Mum (who had 3 m/c - 2 of which were twins) and a still born at 20 weeks (so lots of experience);

She had an amnio at 16 weeks and she suffered internal bleeding, at about 17 weeks she had a "show" and got braxton hicks from 16 weeks on. She had a very healthy (but very irritating) little boy (who's now 13!) a week after her due date with absolutely no problems (other than being a little bugger)!!

I think you should perhaps mention it to your MW... But think everything should be fine as long as they're not painful xx

Add: This was her 4th pregnancy :hug:

Mine started around 19 weeks but I'd say you are feeling them earlier as this is your 4th baby :)

I've had what I'm assuming are braxton hicks. My stomach just goes hard where my uterus is, it is completely painless and I read it was pretty normal for this stage of pregnancy (20 weeks ish)

Alex xxx

Hi

Thanks for your responses. I've decided to go and get checked out by the doctor tommorow. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to worry about but i'm still gonna get them checked. They are pretty painless but my belly goes really hard and I get a bit of pressure. I've got through labour 3 times and can definitely associate them with contractions only they are very mild which makes me think they're BH.

april

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back