Braxton Hicks

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hello Girls,

Anyone else having early Braxton Hicks (tummy tightenings)?? with slight stitch pain. I'm 20 weeks next Sunday.

I've been having them on & off for 3 days now, rang midwife yesterday so she sent me for a urine test incase it was a unrine infection but no trace of any infection so she said it must just be Braxton Hicks & said not to worry. if I was concerned to call her again.

Anyone else had them this early? I had them from 30 weeks with my 1st.

I had braxton hicks from about 19/20 weeks with both my pregnancies. They shouldn't be painful though. You should just experience tightenings, they get stronger as the pregnancy gets on.

Perhaps it's just where baby is lying that is causing the stich like pain when you get the tightenings.

Bagpuss17 said:
I had braxton hicks from about 19/20 weeks with both my pregnancies. They shouldn't be painful though. You should just experience tightenings, they get stronger as the pregnancy gets on.

Perhaps it's just where baby is lying that is causing the stich like pain when you get the tightenings.

I think you're right Bagpuss as baby seems to be lying really low or really high, i've got my scan on Monday :dance: so i'm sure they'll give me a check over then.

I am getting pains in my stomach but i dont know if they are braxton hicks?! This is my first so i havent really a clue lol. If they are Braxton Hicks ive only recently started having them!

Leanne&Bump said:
I am getting pains in my stomach but i dont know if they are braxton hicks?! This is my first so i havent really a clue lol. If they are Braxton Hicks ive only recently started having them!

It's more of a tightening than a pain, tummy goes all tight & if you look/feel you can see where baby is lying as it's shape outlines - well it does on me anyway :lol:

I've got the stitch pain, just under my ribs.

I've been having them from about 19 weeks. A lot of people seem to be having them early so don't worry! :hug:

*star* has had hers really early too, I keep getting little twinges when I walk and my tummy goes hard in the mornings and stuff. :) Nothing really painful though just like a little stitch not even a bad one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back