Braxton hicks or cervix softening??

Mrs.s

Reaction score
Can anyone tell what the difference is between the types of feelings you get with Braxton hicks and cervix softening???

Cervix softening tends to be period type pains and stabbing feeling in your bits. Braxtons do not soften your cervix at all.

I get braxtons everyday and can actually have contractions for 24 hours every 5 mins, and my cervix has stayed the same.

But what do Braxton hicks feel like?? I don't know what I'm feeling so I wanted to know if the two things feel different??

Braxtons are essentially tightenings. So you will be able to see it happen as well as feel it. My placenta is on my right side and hnni have one my stomach wraps round it and my belly looks lop sided. Basically you will feel your stomach tighten, as you get further a long your breathing will be a bit laboured and you may suddenley feel the urge to pee- this is cos of the pressure on your bladder. After about a min you will feel and see your stomach relax and become soft again (your stomach can become very hard durin a braxton).

Bare in mind that not all women will have braxtons, especially for a first time baby...and you in fact can go without noticing them-so they are very tiny contactions. Mine are very intense, and nowadays I get more contractions than ido braxtons.

braxtons are always irregular in time and length. So the minutes they get themselves into a pattern then you are most likley having contractions...especially if they last a minute or more, and if the are followed with pain. (braxtons tend to be painless)

Ok cheers I don't get tightenings but have been getting period pains and then loads and loads of stabbing pains and stuff and I wasn't sure if it was cervix softening or bh!

Ok cheers I don't get tightenings but have been getting period pains and then loads and loads of stabbing pains and stuff and I wasn't sure if it was cervix softening or bh!

Probs your babes head engaging and stating to push down on the cervix.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back