Braxton hicks already?

Is it normal to have braxton hicks at 15 weeks? I've been getting 'tightenings' all day nd they are sometimes quite painful. Is it normal?

I'm not sure mate, I sometimes get a tight tum and its quite uncomfortable. It tends to happen more when I am anxious like at work the other day we were having a "discussion" and I got quite into it and my bump was really tight for a while after. But other times it just happens, is a wierd feeling. I'll see if I can find anything out for you on the net x

Cheers Beanie. I had a alot of sh*t going on with the house today and MIL being an intefering moo about it all so I guess I was quite stressed and tense - maybe that's why? Just feels wierd. Feel baby moving a little bit though now I've relaxed - still get non-painful tightenings. Wierd! :?

Found this info Sami, hope it helps

"Although considered painless when compared with true labor contractions, Braxton Hicks can be very uncomfortable. You may notice Braxton Hicks come more frequently when doing light physical activity like vacuuming or carrying groceries in from the car. If you feel discomfort, try lying down and relaxing or getting up and walking around. Listen to your body. Changing your position may stop the contraction all together.

Some doctors recommend drinking a few glasses of water to help diminish Braxton Hicks contractions as they can sometimes be brought on by dehydration; as a rule, a lack of adequate fluid intake can make the uterus more irritable - another good reason to drink those eight glasses of fluids daily during pregnancy!"

The dehydaration one is good for me as I am a nightmare for drinking enough, and am always getting dehydrated.

Ah yeah same as me - I forget to drink! Thanks sweetie - your an angel xx

Hiya Sami

Just to reassure you that I felt Braxton Hicks from quite early in all my pregnancies and certainly in this one. Do seem to come on if you are stressed or you are doing loads. Some Days worse than others.

Glad to see you are doing so well, have sent a few personal emails but suspect they havnt got through again !!!!

Daughter is now 13 weeks and doing ok too. Saw my first grandchild with its legs crossed a few weeks ago !!!

Mwah x
Ragna x

No I havent received any of them sweetie - did u get any of mine?!! :shock:

Glad your daughter is doing well - she had her first scan now then? Wuld still love to meet up with you guys if you're about? xx

Sami

Nope Not received any :0(. Ill private message you my phone number, and perhaps we could all meet up sometime.

mwah x
Ragna x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back