Bra Fitting?

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
The shop I usually go to to get measured up for my bra's has closed down :wall: , so as my lady lumps are getting bigger I'm looking for somewhere new. I've been to my local M & S and they dont do this .
Can anyone recommend a high street chain or department store that can measure me up?

BHS do bra fittings, but they dont like to do pregnant women, which i think is stupid as we have changing boobs all the time.. Thats my bhs here anyway, im sure someone will be along soon to give more idea's :pray:

Ooo did'nt think about that (pregnancy brain again) was in mothercare this morning having a good browse. I'm not sure if they do it at that branch though because it's small and only has a small selection of things.
Oooo but there is a mothercare world about 35 minutes away.
Anyother suggestions would be greatly received?

John Lewis usually offers a fitting service, but not sure what their policy is for pregnant women. Could try Debenhams too.

our local mothercare - the staff don't look old enough to wear a bra! they all just huddle in the centre of the shop and chat amongst themselves and give you evil looks if you dare to interupt their conversation to ask them a question!!

I stood outside the changing cubicle for 10 minutes last time I was in there as I thought it was occupied... only to find out it was out of order but they could not be bothered to make a sign!

Do you have any underwear shops - Senza, pronuptia etc... near you as they may be able to help? I have never been measured, too scared! :oops:

I got measured in John Lewis when I was about 11 weeks as I only had unwired wonderbras and they weren't comfortable anymore I was a 36C and she insisted in putting me in a bra that was way too big (she reckoned it fitted) it was a 40D I bought it anyway knowing I would grow into it eventually. I then went to my local mothercare world and just tried on loads of different sizes until I found one that was comfortable it was a 38C. I have only just gone up to the 40D now and it's still a tiny bit big for one boob!

My advice is don't let them bully you you know whats confortable and get something that fits you now not what you will grow into when you get bigger you can always buy a new.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Can i add that bra extenders are a god send. I brought some bra's from mothercare that were big for me i spent £30. Then i got bigger and the waist band didn't fit. So i brought some extenders and they are a god send. Saved me another £30.

Oh that's a great Idea I'm going to look out for them.

on the topic of boobs...

is it quite normal for them not to be THAT much bigger at 14 weeks? I mean they are still very tender and the nipple area is darker with little white spots every now and then, but I cant say Ive noticed much of a change in the size?

Hope this is normal.. Im quite small chested anyway, normally a 32b.

xx

Funkylady said:
on the topic of boobs...

is it quite normal for them not to be THAT much bigger at 14 weeks? I mean they are still very tender and the nipple area is darker with little white spots every now and then, but I cant say Ive noticed much of a change in the size?

Hope this is normal.. Im quite small chested anyway, normally a 32b.

xx

Same here, normally a 34b and only just got myself a 36b after the horrible woman in M&S told me I was 38A and made me try on ugly bras and told me I was going to be hideous for 9 months!! Just went to another shop and tried on several sizes till something felt comfy.

Mine don't seem to have changed much at all and I was really looking forward to having massive melons :rotfl:

topbird said:
our local mothercare - the staff don't look old enough to wear a bra! they all just huddle in the centre of the shop and chat amongst themselves and give you evil looks if you dare to interupt their conversation to ask them a question!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I was reading through and getting ready to rant about the fact that the staff at my local mothercare world are all spotted youths who would be more suited to mosh pit than a mother care, then I saw your post!! I can tell you, I wouldn't want to show any of them my boobs for all the comfy bra's in the world!!!!!!!

I've had bra fitings before at:

M&S
La Senza
Debenhams
Contessa

I have to say they ALL said something different....so really not sure who's the best or what to believe.

Useless info her but I bought my first maternity bra around 10 weeks pregnant, I've since bought 2 more.

im in need of a new bra urgently, mine cripple me or i llook like i have 4 boobs lmao...

Im gonna try mother care and see what they say, my size at the moment is 36dd and i was flat before after i had my youngest, was even on the waiting list for a boob job!! lets hope i keep them hey after this baby is born then i wont need it hehehe

Oh the boob job is cos the doc put me on pills to stop my milk, i was a healthy pert 36d before i had bradley, they went down 34a.. how bad is that lol

soexcited said:
Can i add that bra extenders are a god send. I brought some bra's from mothercare that were big for me i spent £30. Then i got bigger and the waist band didn't fit. So i brought some extenders and they are a god send. Saved me another £30.

Oh yeah, I bought some from John Lewis in the haberdashery department. They were really cheap, about £1.75 each. The only problem I found with those were that when the bra was extended, the strap ended up being too close to the end of the shoulder and kept slipping off.

I would recommend Bravissimo (depending on your cup size) i went for a fitting thinking i was a 38DD (which is what M&S had told me i was) but they said i was i 36G :shock: they told me that the highstreet stores miss size people if they dont do the sizes so they can keep the customers. the bras i bought fitted beautifully (no 4 boobs, no back riding up or straps slipping etc...).

They cater for D+ cups. they are slightly more expensive but they are beautiful bras, not granny ones like in the highstreet shops. I'll never shop anywhere else

Sorry if im going on about it but for me its a real find :D

heres the website http://www.bravissimo.com/bravissimo/

Thanks everyone for your advice. :cheer:
Thanks for the link to Bravissimo tangerinedreams, I'm currently in a 38E cup and so used to having granny style bra's but the Bravissimo bra's look lovely and their nearest store to me is only about 40 mins away. :cheer:
The Bra extenders are such a good idea too , thanks soexcited.
Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back