bra measuring!!

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
pointless thread but i went to m and s to be fitted for maternity nursing bra and although lady said may be a little too early she makes me to be a 46c!!! omg i normally wear a 36c!!made me laugh as they have to order the bras in especially as they didnt have any in that size!! has anyone else been measured and is there a big difference?? and my milk hasnt come through yet!! my hubby calls em my gurt udders!! xx

I was a 32b and am now 36D so bit of a difference there lol. x

Lol it's rediculous. I'm usually a 32 or 34 g, I am now a 40d apparently. Very annoying as I was really shocked but it turns out that's quite normal for this stage and breastfeeding, it has to be looser round as you have to make room for milk and stuff! Seems crazy doesn't it x

No idea what am I measuring at the moment, going to get measured for nursing bras in a few weeks.

I am usually a 36D and have gone up to 38E, they don't feel too big though as my tummy is massive so it drowns them out a bit :roll:

With nursing...say if you 36d, with nursing you've go down to 34 and up with atleast two cup sizes depends how the bra fits u.. 34dd or 34e. I don't understand how staff don't measure properly..we'd this similar cases where customers comes in with wrong size..with marks there's several fitters don't stick one ask. Next staff to fit u dear..46, damn that's way too big.

Girls!!! That is totally wrong! You will end up with such sore backs. The band has to be tight round your back otherwise it will ride up and your boobs will sag and the weight of them hurt your back.

The rule is down a back size up two cup sizes. However I'd recommend getting re-measured once your milk comes in.

M&s measured me at 38E and luckily for me the bra fitter in mothercare Liverpool is the leading one in UK (apparently) she remeasured me and said I was a 32J/K. Mothercare dont stock them that size so she sent me to Bravissimo who confirmed my size. If I had worn a 38E I would be in a lot of pain.

A 46 back when you're normally a 36?!?! I'd definitely get a second opinion on that!

The problem is I hadn't beeen measured before so just go with what is comfy lol. So I don't know what is normal. x

I've also never been measured before and I did try on a much larger size which I must admit was comfortable. On gonna try on the bras as they not coming till next week and will gauge how comfy they are. I may also get measured at the other bra shop in town to touble check, thanks for advise ladies like I said this is first time I've ever been measured!! Xx

Don't go for comfy whatever you do. Once baby comes your ribcage will shrink and your bra will be far too big. Even now mine is tight round the body but it needs to be to help hold my boobs up so they don't sag and hurt me.

All my nursing bras were in the wash the other week so I put a 36G maternity one on. After only a few hours it was horrible. Felt like my boobs were dragging along the floor!

Oh bollocks. Grr thats sooooo annoying! I think I shall get measured at mothercare then, and purchase their bras. That totally sucks! I hope they have bras left in their sale by the time my milk comes in! X

ive just called m and s again and am booked in for re-measure with another fitter on thursday!! im gonna go to la senza and get measured there too just to make sure!! who would have thought that boobies would have caused so much confusion!! xx

I have jja got home from mothercare and am much happier now, bought 3 bras that fit perfectly and she said that they are spot on. Yay! Thanks rayoflight for pointing this out! The thing with getting measured at la senza is they dont do nursing so they may not know about fitting nursing bras. X

when I got measured for my maternity bra they put me up two back sizes and down a cup a size - so does this mean It will totally wrong when my milk comes in and I will need to go back down two back sizes and then up two cups sizes??? im so confused

Im normally a 34e n was measured at mothercare at 39wks as a 38f, so thats what i got... Baby came but no milk ( id been on antibiotics for a chest infection fron 30- 36weeks but didnt get told it wud affect my milk supply) n ended up bottle feedin n got re-measured 3 wks after i had her n im a 34e still,

Im gutted coz i wanted huge boobies!! Lol x

Lol I have been put in a 38 f from a 36 g and they definately are more supportive. I'm already wearing my new ones lol. As they have loads on sale I'll just go back and buy more in the sale I think, and will prob have to be re measured in a few months anyway x

I bought a 36G and took the tags out so couldn't take it back. Just measured the band on my 32J bra and got mother in law to cut and re-sew the band on the 36G to make it a 32 back. Saved me wasting it.

I'm normally a 34D I got measured a 36C which makes no sense.

But I'm bk to a D cup

I don't think they do nursing bras in my size, I'm too small :(

Not sure when should go see someone though, surely it's too early now, but once I've had the baby I'll not be able to go get it done..?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back