Bra fitting

kellysomer

Reaction score
LOL not sure who it was that posted recently about the importance of getting a bra fitting, but i was a good girl and listened and got measured yesterday......

OMG they are bigger than Jordans!! :oops: I was prepregnancy size 32E/F and now i am a 36G!!!! OMFG! :rotfl:

With that and my enormous bump i am considering building some sort of a counter weight into the back of my top so i dont topple over, seriously this is no fun they are enormous and people at work keep asking me why my boobs are so huge (even my gay friend had a stare)!! :oops:

I want to cry they got big last time but not this big, and i didnt make enough milk last time to support Isla and she lost 1.5lb in a week. What the hell are they so huge for if they cant make bloomin milk!!!!! :roll:

I SO need to go and get mine done. My bra's are getting tight and on aturday when we went out. I had my usual jacket on and whilst walking along, I did the zip up and Matt just started at me and went - Oh My God, your boobs are MASSIVE.

I quickly unzipped the jacket again and haven't worn it again. LOL.

Where did you get measured Kelly and I'm always curious - do they do it over your t-shirt or do you have to take that off? I'm so shy LOL!

I just wanted to say to everyone DON'T GO TO MARKS AND SPENCER!!! By 11 weeks I really didn't fit any of my bras and was soooo tired that I just trusted the fitter who sent me home with a pack of maternity bras. It was obvious to me wearing them the next day that they didn't fit properly so I went back and saw another fitter to get her to check. She said several times that 34 is the smallest back size they did. I pointed out that I didn't want to know what they sold but whether the bra fit me and she said that I would grow into the back size and just needed to tighten the straps. I was too tired so I just believed her which was stupid as I could see the back of the bra was still riding up. :wall: It was painful to wear as there was no support from the back and I'm now and E cup :shock:

I have since gone to Jenners while on holiday in Edinburgh and I now have a bra that actually fits and supports me. I am disgusted with Markies - I can't believe they would pretend to be professional fitters when they are obviosly just sales people. They intentionally sold me a bra that didn't fit!!! :evil:

Sorry for the rant, I wanted to warn everyone and let off steam too.

Bravissimo are excellent if you are a D cup or above - they're really patient and the shops are really calm, with a waiting area with sofas for bored partners.

http://www.bravissimo.com/

I've gone up from a 30F to a 32H. I feel like a whale, especially as my bump is so huge. It's just sticking out really neatly though at the front!

P.S. I am so with kalia on M&S.

Went there first and had the worst bra-fitting experience of my life. I was wearing a 30FF when I arrived which was sticking into me and when I took it off I had ridges everywhere - she measured me as a 32D - joke.

My friend Abi had a similar experience too.

AVOID.

I went to the Triumph shop, they are really nice there and the only shop within an hours radius which stocks a 30 and 32 F. They are helpful and polite and generally pleasant, they measure you over your existing bra but i have been measured in the past over tops too. Don't worry about them looking at you DebbieM they see all sorts of boobs everyday and surely wont care about another pair! Its thier job!!!

GO and see what they say, i didnt bother last time too much i just picked some cheap ones from Mothercare and i'm convinced that this is why i suffered with back ache towards the end of the pregnancy, this time touch wood i have been fine. :cheer:

try Mothercare, they were really helpful and measured me accurately (i think) the bras fit and feel really comfortable. They measured me in just my bra, told me the size, went out to get one, then stood outside while i put it on, then came back in to check it fitted. It was all done in about 10 mins and with minimal embarrassment!

Hmmm, I was going to M & S too as we have a huge store here. I guess it will have to be Mothercare now though....

im still squeezing in my normal bras hahahaha think i may go get measured. i never knew yours were that big kellysomer, im gonna be having a look next week :rotfl:

Yes I agree about M & S. They should stick to making nice food as they haven't got a clue about fitting for bras. My sister is a whopping 34 H and I think they put her in a 40 E. She went to Rigby and Peller and got measured properly and she looks smaller in her new bras (even if she did need a second mortgage for them) than she did in her old bras.

She also really rates Bravissimo if you have big uns!!

Yeah M&S were the same with me when I got measured pre pregnancy. I was wearing a size 38DD but I have been losing weight and gaining weight so much that I thought it was the wrong size. When I went to M&S she said I should be 38D but I knew that was wrong.

I went to Debenhams and they measured me correctly as 36FF at the time and the bra was so comfy in that size.

Paradysso you cheeky monkey!!!! PMSL! I'll give you an eyeful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back