Nursing Bra's for sizes bigger than 42 measurement?

Fly

Reaction score
Help?!

I'm really strugglin to find a uk stockist of reasonably priced nursing bra's for bigger babyloned ladies...

Everywhere seems to stop at 42 and when i was measured the other day the lady said i needed a 46F - i can get bra's from the lingerie shop where i was measured but am lookin at best part of £40 for one bra! :shock: obviously if thats what i gotta do then that's what i gotta do but can anyone help with an online shop thats uk based?

Cheers Sarah x x x x

Have you had the baby yet?
If not, they may have overestimated your size - you might find that several different measureres get different measurements. I found that I went a bit smaller once the baby had moved out from my ribs, ebven after my milk came in.
I know Figleaves do a bra called Anita which goes to 44. You can also get bra extenders which might allow you to get a smaller (cheaper) size and make it up the right size.

I found this site selling them for £4 but there plenty more about if you do a search.

http://www.yummymummymaternity.co.uk/br ... k-13-p.asp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-IN-BOX-WHITE- ... 240%3A1318
If I were you I'd buy one or 2 bras now then wait for your milk supply to settle. I started off with a 42 ee and was back in my 38 dd after a couple of months.
I used to swill my bra out in the sink with a bit of fairy powder and chuck it on the line (radiators will prob be on for you)
It's a lot of money to be forking out otherwise and breastfeeding is meant to be free! :)

I was going to suggest the same about getting the extender thing that attaches into the bra..

also get yourself measured somewhere else too as they might say you're a smaller size. I had to get massive ones but now I'm not engorging so much I don't think I need such a big bra

I got a pack of two nursing bras from mothercare and I had no probs finding sz 46E's - Watch out though as they usually on lowest shelf/hooks on display and being top heavy AND heavily pregnant I needed help getting back up off the floor after I toppled over trying to reach them - Take a man/strong friend/ hoist with you just in case :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

mothercare have started doing bigger sizes.i think they go up to G now
i got some reasonably priced one from debenhams a couple of weeks ago.
Although they can be quite expensive i have to say it has been well worth the money for me to have a well supported bra esp when full of milk big boobs feel so heavy..
i don't know how long you plan to b/feed for but i am still wearing mine 24hours a day 18 months later although not the orginonal ones i bought.

Thanks for all the advice ladies... am gonna wait until after my milk has come in and settled down and then will get measured again x x x

ebay was the ONLY place I found any above a 42, its VERY weird isn't it!!!
I do hope you find some :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back