bp during pregnacy

Tegala-7thMarch08

Reaction score
i have hypertension non pregnacy related but every bp test ive had they have bbeen rle good an normal.

is it the baby that makes you bp go down ???

having a lower bp during pregs is that a good thing???

All I would say is that when you first get your BP checked by your MW at your first appointment, they use that as a baseline for your Personal BP and it becomes the marker to if your future BP is high or low. When having it taken, if you are ill, stressed, tired, all manner of things, can make your BP be out, so I would just look into it a bit more online and always discuss it with your MW if you're worried :hug: My best friend had very low BP throughout her last pregnancy but had a safe and healthy pregnancy and homebirth, very best wishes :hug:

http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/ ... dpressure/

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
i have hypertension non pregnacy related but every bp test ive had they have bbeen rle good an normal.

is it the baby that makes you bp go down ???

having a lower bp during pregs is that a good thing???

Im a type 2 diabetic and aswell as the diabetes i also suffer with high bp which is quite common for someone who as diabetes .

My bp was very high during pregnancy but more high towards the end .

My bp was so high and my diabetes was that bad they had no choose but to induce me at 36 weeks.

I wouldnt have thought you been pregnant would have lowered your bp if anything if would have raised , its very good news if you bp is normal as it means your having a healthy pregnancy and its safer for your baby .

hope this helps good luck with the pregnancy

yes when i was preg my bp was really low, like 90 over 60 or something!
i think the normal is 120 over 80, but when mine went up to that very late in 3rd tri, the MW was slightly worried. pregnancy does lower it.

My BP went down in pregnancy. It was getting quite high, can't remember what it was but it was around 130/95 on my last visit before i was PG. During pregnancy it was 110/60. It did go back up in the last 2 months of pregnancy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back