High bp in labour

Tasha20

Reaction score
:wave: Hi, I know I am way off yet just want to know if anyone can help.

During my last labour I had high bp and they cancelled my homebirth and had to go into hospital (which I am sure made it worse thinking back :roll: )

I really want another homebirth, and to have a water one this time, I am just worried that shes going to say no because I had high bp last time :(

Anyone have high bp first and then not the second time?

They cannot stop you having a homebirth, or planing one rather, just because you had high BP the first time, as again, if it got to a serious level they could transfer you again anyway :hug: They may just keep a close eye on it during this pregnancy, and the consultant will mention it at your homebirth 'chat', but generally I've found with the second pregnancy they are less intrusive with homebirth wishes anyway. I'd mention it now to your MW so it's out in the open, and just have a read online about high BP in labour, there are ways to reduce it, and being at home like you mentioned above, would be one way to keep it under control as you'll be more relaxed/happier :hug: Sorry I have no experience to help with, but very best wishes :hug:

http://www.homebirth.org.uk/
http://www.aims.org.uk/

:hug: Thank you so much for your help.

I have read the water births help keep your bp down, so will be going for that this time.

I am proberly panicking over nothing and all will be fine.

Thank you for the links hun :hug:

hiya, i had high blood pressure with my son, and my blood pressure is starting to itch up already with this one :( but im still being supported with a home birth as long as it stays stable :hug:

:hug: Thanks for the reply Claire.

I have read if its normal for your bp to be that way then it should be fine, cant remember where I read it.

I hope you get your home birth hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back