Boys Names - Inspire Me!

Hi sparkleBug..... My husband was similar to yours (minus the mother issues) constantly saying no to suggestions but not bringing anything to the table!! As the pregnancy has progressed (I'm 35 weeks) and it's becoming more 'real' to him he is much more involved. We have a list of 4 girls names Ilsa, Orla, Ellie or Erin (Orla is my vote and I will win hahaha) but no boys names at all....... With my husband less is definitely more, don't dismiss Evan but also don't bring it back up until he is more open to debate!!

Good luck x x

Men are such a men!!;-)) It's so common among men: No i do not like this name, no i do not have anything to suggest you, but just no to all of the names you suggest;-)) Give him the book with names to read, maybe it will inspire him at least a bit.

Men are such a men!!;-)) It's so common among men: No i do not like this name, no i do not have anything to suggest you, but just no to all of the names you suggest;-)) Give him the book with names to read, maybe it will inspire him at least a bit.

Ha, tried the book thing! I've now had every ridiculous name he could find read out to me. Should have just thrown the book at him ;)

hahaha)) your husband is really something! :) wish you good good good luck with him!:)

Oh Sparkle my husband did that with the baby name book. When he came up with Myfanwy I nearly shoved the book up his backside. There’s absolutely no welsh in either of our families and he knew I wouldn’t want to call our daughter that. Bloody men. Having the same issue here with boys names but it’s me who can’t think of a single one I like. He keeps pushing for one that he likes and so I’m praying it’s a girl.

If my baby is a boy I really want to call him Arthur. Hubby hates it and all his suggestions are ridiculous (Saturn, Frost, Horatio, Horris, that's a few...)... no advice but I do know how you feel really wanting a name and not having the OH agree. It's so annoying!!

Evan is a Welsh name, but if you want to Welshify it further to please mil, spell it EFAN, it’s pronounced the same but f is v in Welsh (I speak Welsh as second lang). My OH couldn’t agree on any names I suggested. I gave him a list of ideas, Ronan was top of my list. None pleased him. As the birth approached we were watching rugby and a burly rugby player had the name Ronan - we both commented what a nice name it was (I had forgotten about my list by then) so Ronan it was. I found the list after he was born, so funny. But OH was thinking of Ronan Keating - not butch enough, but if it was ok for a rugby player it was ok for his boy. haha

My boys are Tyler and Oisìn. Also love Evan, Isaac and Scott xx good luck xx

I like Evan, its a nice name. I'm considering Ivan. Similar but not as popular but it's my husband's choice of baby name this time and he probably won't like it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back