Boys Names - Inspire Me!

SparkleBug

Reaction score
I'm getting to my wits end on boy's names so I'm opening it up to you gals.

Here's the rules:
1. No names beginning K or D
2. No names currently in the top 10 (Oliver, Harry, Jack, Charlie, Alfie, Thomas, James, Jacob, Joshua and William)
3. Must go with the middle name David

Go wild, weird or traditional, anything to inspire me or throw at my OH as suggestions. Please help me find a name!

Have been talking names with pregnant friends/family members lately so there are a few that spring to mind...

Michael
Bobby
Malachi
Joseph
Conrad
Thomas
Gabriel
Reuben
Zac
Ryan
Leon
Louie
Toby
Henry
Matthew
Asher
Finn
Charlie
Reggie
Samuel
Alfie
Lawrence
Sebastian
Eric
Harvey
Oliver
Milo
Liam

Hope they at least help to get you started?! xx

My boys are oscar and Jude. When we chose them oscar was number 20 and Jude 100 but I think they're more popular now. We also liked Theo, Emmanuel (manny) and etienne. Good luck! So tough choosing a name x

We we have a Max so I'll suggest that and if this one is a boy we have chosen Theo. I also love Freddie, Oscar, Albert, Samuel, Archie, Arthur, Dexter, Evan and Bailey xxx

Quick message between work and getting dinner on, I love Evan! Pitched it to OH who didn't say no out right (this is a HUGE improvement, I mean, MASSIVE) but apparently it's a name his mum has been pushing.

*screams at the heavens*

I'm going to cook, brood and plot.

I love names: Oscar, Connor, Tristan, Eliah, Elijah, Cameron

If I'm lucky enough to have another little boy I'd like to call him Theo - oh likes it but isn't as keen as me. I like Malachi too (Mal for short) but no one I've spoken to agrees. x

Proper reply time.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and keep them coming, so many names I hadn't considered. It's absolutely crazy how many names listed are ones I've suggested to my OH only to get a wrinkled nose or straight up no.

I think I'm falling in love with Evan. While I was cooking I was thinking about being on the beach shouting 'Don't go too far, Evan, make sure we can see you' or in the supermarket going 'Ooh, shall we get some strawberries, Evan?' or 'Amelie, Evan, dinner time, wash your hands!" (In that one, we had two little ones ;) )

If only his mum hadn't been pushing it. There's been so much tension lately with her controlling and emotionally manipulative behaviour, if I fight for this name am I siding with her? I feel like she's stolen my name which is ridiculous. I really want Evan. I love typing it, saying it, thinking about my son with that name. I just don't know if my husband will ever agree purely because his mum has 'tainted' it. I'm just going to have to talk to him, I'm just not ready for this name to go on the scrapheap.

Evan is a lovely name ! My little boy is called Mikey. Not to everyone's taste but we loved it. Hubbys middle name is Michael so we just modernized it lol x

I loved Evan too. Good choice.
My boys names were Dexter, Archer, Theo, Reuben, miles, Oscar and Thomas. Xx

my little boy is Rhys Evan

Evan Rhys sounds lovely too

Evan is a good choice! I like it! It seems to become popular among mommy's at the forums;-)

Not too popular I hope, I'd like him to be the only Evan in his class if possible. My own weird reasons for this!

Latest news is that I'm officially beginning Operation: Evan. After a previous thread on how to get a resistant OH to be receptive to name suggestions I'm going for the 'keep working on him' approach. So far I've gotten him to agree to have an open mind on the name because it's important to me. Not mentioned it since as my lovely husband is the kinda guy who needs to perculate and the more you push, the more he'll push back just for the sake of it. Seriously you say 'Wow, the movie I saw last night was awesome, you should watch it' is the best way to guarantee he'll NEVER WATCH IT.

Wish me luck, Operation: Evan is a go.

Good luck with operation Evan - i love it, but im biased as I have a Devon ( which you can't have as your rules said no D names My second fave name at the time i named my last son (roman) was Orin or Oren

Evan is a very nice name!! how the things are going? did your husband agree with Evan?;-))

Things are not going well. I had asked him to 'keep an open mind' and then left it alone for a while to percolate. Brought it up again when we were both in a good mood last night and he hadn't even opened his mind a crack. I said to give it a chance, imagine our son with that name and calling it out on the beach. He said he didn't like it, called Evan in a stupid voice and I almost flew off the handle. All I asked was for an open mind and purposely making the name sound silly was as close-minded as you could get. I could make any name sound stupid if I shouted it in that voice. I felt quite disrespected.

I've said I won't force a name he doesn't like, I'll respect how he feels but he's not giving me ANYTHING. No suggestions, just no, no, no. I don't feel like we're picking this name together at all, I'm just waiting for him to come up with something and I'll say yes to make him happy.

The biggest problem with Evan is because his mum wants a Welsh name because she's half welsh. So that's that. All ruled out regardless of how I feel, regardless of the power that gives her over our child and our right to choose a name. I understand the complexities of their relationship (control and manipulation issues) and I won't force it, but I can't help but feel that he's dictating the rules here.

This is becoming a big deal and I don't know if it's because I'm stressed and hormonal or whether I'm justified to be cross that I'm getting almost no say in naming our possible boy. He won't consider anything I suggest and I'm getting upset.

I really loved Evan. I shouldn't have invested in it but he didn't even give it a chance, not even lip service. At least he was honest.

Think I'm going to give up for a while, it's not worth the argument that seems to be coming. Am I overreacting?

Evan has Scottish and Welsh origins? Or do you mean that he doesn't want to consider it because he doesn't want his mum to have a say?! He sounds like he's being a knob. Really hope you can get through to him before too long xx

He doesn't want to consider it because of his mum. I don't want to say too much about his relationship with his mum because I'd be violating his privacy but it's complicated and there's a lot of issues relating to manipulation and control (which are valid and he's been working on a lot over the last year and a half). I do my best to respect how he feels and support him, I want to be his defender and his rock, but I feel like he's defeating himself. He's giving her more power than he's taking away. He's letting her have a say by listening in the first place.

I know where it's coming from, I just feel completely at the whim of what he wants. The fact that he's not even trying to meet me halfway is what's upsetting me the most. I'm pretty fiesty anyway, so I've spent the last ten years learning to breathe, bite my tongue and talk when I'm calm but he's not going to budge with even the calmest conversation. His stubborness knows no bounds.

It's a shame really, he was really close to his Welsh Grandad and had his sister not taken his name for her son we would have. He said no to naming our child after my grandad however (Eric/Erica). :wall2: Though in his favour, the middle name for our daughter is my Grandma's name and it went without saying that we'd use my husband's late father's name as a middle name for our boy.

My niece brought round a name book yesterday so going to have a flick through, keeping ideas to myself though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back