• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bottles

racheldee

Reaction score
i was just wondering what make/type of bottles you all would recommend :)
bottles and sterilising equipment are the last things on my list of baby things to by before she arrives and i was told that the bottles with the teats that are more nipple shaped are better than the ones that have the longer neck, is this true haha?

also if i could be cheeky and ask, what breast bumps are the best as well, i would like to breast feed baby but if i was to go out in public i think id prefer feeding her from a bottle
i was considering renting one but if theres ones on the market that are just as good as the ones you can rent, is rather buy one haha :)

sorry for all the questions :oops:
xxx

The main thing with bottles and BFing is that you should ideally be waiting 4-6 weeks before introducing pumping and bottles so there is no rush to get either. My advice would be see how you get on first. I had a steriliser which is useful in advance but all these gimmicky bottles are just that - gimmicks. Wait till it comes time to use a bottle and then just buy one and see how they get on. The baby will decide which one it likes not the people who make them!!

You might get lucky like I did and have a baby that takes well to BFing and would drink from any bottle!

katie wouldnt take a bottle, it was a nightare when my milk dried up lol! like MM said you're best waiting 4-6 weeks and the baby will choose the teats they like, we went thru so many! katie eventually took mam bottles. ella has tommee tippee closer to nature ones. i had an electric steriliser at first, but i didnt like it, now i cold water sterilise with milton and find it so much easier! OH hated it tho, so its each to their own!

I agree with what the others say but when the time comes if you do want to express I suggest an electric pump

hahah, i know ill feel like a dairy cow when the time does come :lol:

My hubbie called me Daisy once he's lucky I didn't break his nose :rofl:

hahahah :rofl:
my sister keeps calling my boobs udders!
she finds it hilarious!

lol at daisy!!

i bought all tommee tippee closer to nature as they seemed to be most recommended to me and i was given an electric steriliser but i bought one of the microwave ones cos i think theyre farrr handier and will keep my kitchen looking prim and proper stored in the micro haha xx

I too bought Tommy Tippee closer to nature, I just bought 4 bottles, this was before I decided I was going to breastfeed (smart I know).. Have bought a Tommy Tippee breast pump but not an electric one, I read that if you are going to do most by breast then a manual pump would be fine, but if you were going to express all of the time an electric pump would be reccommended.. So many different things to listen to though:shock: I think I'll just take it as it comes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back