Bottlefeeding at hospital

crystabell

Reaction score
I have decided that I am going to be bottlefeeding when my little one arrives but was unsure about what I should do in hospital. I know that midwives encourage you to breastfeed but some people have said that they sometimes frown upon mothers who won't try. For those who bottle feed did you have any problems in hospital? I don't know whether to just try in hospital but then bottle feed as I want to when I get home? Any advice would be great.

Crystal xx

when I had paige they asked me if I was gonna try bf I said no and they said thats fine.
Ive been told some midwifes do get a bit funny if you refuse bf but I say stuff it, your baby your choice..

I wanted to breast feed Adam but was unable as I never had any milk and still don't.

I made the decision to change to the bottle as I was getting upset and the staff were great. I told them which milk I wanted to use and they went and got it for me.

They did say to me that I could try breast feeding again if I wanted, but this was only because they knew how much I wanted to breast feed.

They were really supportive about my decision, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Do what you feel comfortable with and do not feel pressured into doing something you do not want to. xxx

I bottlefed paris and tbh they were a bit arsey with me to start with, but they got the bottles ok

i think if you are sure thats what you want then just be firm. Its your baby and they should not interere but are you definately sure. It might be a natural thing once you hold the baby,

But remember its your choice. Sometimes the hospital midwifes can be a bit strange, especially if its your first.

I read somewhere when I was in with jess that they have to try to get you to breastfeed even if they dont think that its the right desicion. They have to follow hospital protocol.

I was worried about this also because when my sister had her baby they were funny wth her because she didn't want to BF, i knew before i went in i wasn't BF'ing because that suited me. You have to do what is right for you and what your are comfortable.

I never had any issues with midwives in the end and they always got my feeds and helped me in the hosp, but if you do encounter a grumpy one just take no notice you wont be in there long!!

Good luck xx

I didnt have any problems, they asked when my daughter was born if i was bf, i said no and then she asked what milk i wanted, which they supply. Dont let them upset you though just ignore them if they are funny about it. Good luck

midwifes have to push breast feeding as its what is best for the baby.. and in a way for you to.. as it helps your uterus get bk.. and helps you lose weight to.. its their job to try and give you and baby what is best.. however.. when they ask you how are you going to feed.. tell them bottle and if they say are you sure.. just tell them if i wasnt sure i wouldnt have said bottle...good luck and dont be pressured to do what u dont want to

All they go on and on about here in Peterborough is breastfeeding. You kind of feel bullied into it and it isn't fair. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back