Bottle feeding - How do you feel about it now?

Freya

Reaction score
Just wondering for women who bottle fed their babies due to whatever reason. How do you feel about it now.
I still feel embarassed when people ask how I fed my children and then go into the lengthy discussion of that I couldn't bf as had no milk etc.
I still also feel that people who have bf successfully don't belive me when I tell them my reasons. Am I the only one or do other bottle feeding mums still feel embarassed about bottlefeeding.

I dont care now. the only place that did make me feel embaressed about bottle feeding was this forum. every one i no couldnt give 2 shits how i feed my children. :)

dionne said:
I dont care now. the only place that did make me feel embaressed about bottle feeding was this forum. Everyone i no couldnt give 2 sh*ts how i feed my children. :)

Oh that's sad. :( No-one has the right to make you feel guilty.

no one should make anyone feel guilty about how they feed their children. its personal choice.

i breast feed for personal reasons and i wouldn't dream of putting anyone down for bottlefeeding

i still feel guilty some days and think oh i wish i could but i also know i couldnt have gone on or i would have gone cookoo bottle feeding has been fine for nathan

My mum bottle fed me and all my siblings, I have nothing against it either.

My mum did get very defensive when ppl asked her how she fed us as she was made to feel guilty.

When I told her I was breastfeeding she thought it was wonderfull but said to me ' dont feel like a failer if you don't or can't do it anymore, all that matters is you and your baby are happy' :angel:

Me and Olivia are really happy because it worked for us to breastfeed and however it works for you is whats best for both you and your baby :D

I am glad i am a bottle feeder! When Ellis was tiny all the BFing mums where having sooo many probs with there babies not knowing if they was getting enough etc but I have always felt happy with Ellis knowing how much he drinks.

Also I am a control freak so i like to know he is have so many ounces every 3 hrs hehe

xxxx

i do have regrets but not about bottle feeding as such just that i didnt get the support i needed in the first 48 hours to breast feed :(

mary70 said:
i do have regrets but not about bottle feeding as such just that i didnt get the support i needed in the first 48 hours to breast feed :(

Opposite to me, I'm worried that I will get offered support when I don't want it. lol

that wasnt my experience hun they more or less encouraged me to give her a bottle, i tried breast feeding and within 3 hours of her being born and her crying the midwife said the only way you will stop her crying is to stick a bottle in her mouth :(

lol I think i scared the MWs they didnt argue at all with me or try to get me to breast feed, when they said he needed feeding they asked how i was feeding I just mumbled BOTTLE and that was it they got me loads, Im like Keely i like knowing how much hes having

i really dont give 2 hoots about what people think of the way i feed my kids, i tried with sophie but failed so she went onto bottle and so did alastair. this way i know what he has had OH can help alot more and he can go to family etc for the afternoon,

At the end of the day they are ur kids no one elses :D

(this is what i posted earlier in the other post)

Not at all, I dont think any mum should be mad eto feel embarressed for bottle feeding their babies, iv bottle fed Alfie from day one and i planned to do before i had him, I wouldnt have been able to even if id wanted to as like you i didnt produce any milk, I dont feel as if i have anything to be ashamed of Alfie has never even lost an ounce in weight hes healthy and 3/4 of the time smiling, It is everyones individual choice of how they feed their child and to be honest i really do think people shouldnt judge each other on how their child is fed, after all formula isnt poison is it, you have done what you think is best for your LO and noone has the right to try make you feel bad about it :hug: :hug: :hug:

If I could have b/f for longer I would have done but as it was I couldn't, I did beat myself up about it alot at the time, cried alot & thought I was an awful mum that had failed my son but now realise that bottle feeding was the best thing for us to do. Jamie was alot happier, so was I and DH was as he could feed him & get closer to him by helping out with the feeds.

Like others have said, I like/d knowing how much he had drunk so if he fed properly & started crying an hour later I knew it wasn't coz he was hungry etc. so I feel fine about it. If & when we have another baby i'll try b/f again so babe has the colostrum but after that will probably bottle feed as I personally found it alot easier & quicker than b/f.

sophie27 said:
i really dont give 2 hoots about what people think of the way i feed my kids,
At the end of the day they are ur kids no one elses :D

:clap: well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member