booking appt today!

inky

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I had my booking appt today, and it was good! The midwife was very nice, a little ditzy, but I didn't mind that! BP was good which was a relief, I still have to see the consultant but it's good to know that it's all on track. Sample dip test was fine, and I have a scan booked on 28th Jan - the day after my birthday! I was hoping it would be on 27th but 28th is close enough lol!

I also came back overloaded with leaflets, books, freebies, and even more forms to fill in so lots to digest tonight. The NHS Pregnancy Book seems very good from what I've flicked through so far though!

Glad to have the first appointment done and dusted now, it suddenly feels very official. There was one moment of panic when she told me I was due on 6th July - I lost a month! I told her I thought she might be wrong and lo and behold, she changed it to 5th August...phew!

Sounds good! :yay: Bet it feels all very much more real now too! :yay:

awe, glad it went well for you! x

Lovely! My midwife is coming to our house to book me in probably sometime next week - she gave me the NHS book when I saw her last week, not much info I havent read somewhere else but its all welcome! Glad it went well for you :)

Glad it all went well. Iv got mine tomorrow :) i cant wait x

she gave me the NHS book when I saw her last week, not much info :)

I also came back overloaded with leaflets, books, freebies, and even more forms to fill in so lots to digest tonight. The NHS Pregnancy Book seems very good from what I've flicked through so far though!

What is the NHS pregnancy book? I havent had that, or any freebies, I havent had anything actually, Ive been cheated!:mad:

Glad it all went well. Tiny you sould ask for your pack - loads of good info in there.

Yes, deffo ask for pack Tiny, it is helpful....the NHS book is basically a 'pregnancy and baby guide for dummies' sort of thing - very helpful for first timers like me!

Thanks for all the nice comments, OH has really let it sink now, he keeps talking at my stomach very loudly "because of its small ears"...I've tried explaining lol....!!

ahhh thats so sweet of your OH! I have to arm wrestle mine to get him to put his hand on my little bump!

I have a feeling I'm going to have the opposite problem with mine, there's attentive and there's too attentive lol. I'm not complaining though, he's very sweet, and hugely, hugely excited :)

Ah well thats lovely, Mine is being supportive but I just dont think its real for him, theres not really any evidence of a bump and all he's getting is my mood swings and lots of sick! lol

We've got our scan next week so I hope he gets some fatherly insticts then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back