Booking Appointment

lynne_n

Reaction score
Yesterday i went to see my midwife for my first appointment. She was really nice and surprisingly remembered me from the last time i was pregnant :)

Everything went really well until she tried to take my blood and my vein collapsed.. she was very apologetic and said 'it's ok, we'll get them the next time' :wall2: so now I have a huge bruise on my arm and I've got to look forward to getting more needles stuck in me..

And - because I'm a fatty - I've to go to a special clinic where they'll keep an extra eye on me but the up side to that is i'll get scanned at 12, 20, 22, 26 and 34 weeks :)
My first scan isn't till the 3rd of May though which seems ages away.

Think my OH is feeling loads better about me being pregnant now and he even brought up a conversation about baby names and done some online research into keeping me and baby happy :)

glad your appointmant went well :)

it took my midwife 4 tries before she could take my blood! Oh well at least she managed in the end.

Couldn't your mw just use your other arm and try again?

I'm dreading getting my bloods done, I'm a bit of a fainter! Still got 3 weeks till I need to worry about that though. That will be quite nice getting lots of scans, how come they do that? (sorry to be nosey!) We've just had a private one done and think we'll do another around 28 weeks it was so exciting!

I too hate needles. I'm quite a small build but more importantly never had a blood test before I went to my booking in appointment. The nurse tried about a dozen times on each arm to get a vein before finally getting one. I was in agony and left the hospital with loads of those little plasters over the holes!

I was not impressed :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back