Book Recommendations

charlie84

Reaction score
Hey as the title says really

I am looking to download a couple of books to read but i am stuck on what to choose.
Do you have any recommendations for any of the following

Child development (basically anything about children but not too basic IYKWIM)
Autobiographies
Not a huge fan of fiction, it has to be fast paced and really keeps you gripped for me to be interested.

Autobiographies i find you have to be interested in the person to get into them, so i have read and enjoyed various ones from Jordan and Simon Cowell to Kyran Bracken the rugby player - depends who you like to be honest. Ficton, i love all of Martina Coles books, i am hooked from the first page, am currently half way through her latest that i got for xmas. Also like Sam Bourne but they can take a little longer to get hooked. HTHx

I love anything by Torey Hayden. I think they're classed more as memoirs than autobiographies, but she's also a teacher & child psychologist. Interesting and heartwarming and sad at the same time. xx

I do have a few of Torey Haydens books already, will have to have a looky see if i have missed any.

Martina Cole i have thought about but was unsure of whether i would like them. Will have a look and probably download one to try.

I'm reading Chuck Palahniuk's stuff at the moment.
Its pretty fast paced, but pretty twisted (he's the guy who wrote fight club)
Interesting insights into completely twisted heads. Or Alex Garland's "The Coma"
(Fiction is the made up stuff right? I can never get them round the right way!)
xx

a few years ago i read celia aherns "where rainbows end" and i have ready it about 100 times over now its lovely x

jodie_honey said:
a few years ago i read celia aherns "where rainbows end" and i have ready it about 100 times over now its lovely x

Love that one :D And most of her books.

I like forensic stufff. Love Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.

Also like Sophie Kinsella's books.

Stephenie Meyer's twilight series NOT just for teenage girls :wink: could not put them down!

Alison Weir's Innocent Traitor, about Lady Jane Grey ( I sobbed reading this!)

and for all out fast paced, graphic crime thrillers its got to be Tess Gerritsen, start with the surgeon!

I don't read fiction either, I like adventure/survival books. The last really really good book I read was 'Marching Powder'. I had to stop reading it at one point and have a word with myself its that graphic. 'Call of the wild' is a good book too about a guy who leaves everything to go and live wild in Alaska.

I also read a great book years ago about a couple who were stranded at sea in a dingy, can't remember what it was called though? :think:

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back