Book on pregnancy and what to do with newborns for MEN ??

chrest

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my 1st post in here since becoming pregnant (Ahh writing that still feels sooo strange!).

This will be mine and DP's 1st child and I thought it'd be a really good idea to get him a book so he can feel like he's involved and so he has some knowledge of what to do when the little one arrived.

Can anyone recommend any???

He easily gets bored, so something that is funny as well as informative would great!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I got my OH The Blokes Guide To Pregnancy when we had our first. He's not into reading too much but I kept it in the toilet so guess he prob used to give it a little viewing every so often!

It is funny and will give him lots of info without being too graphic. The book is basically written by a guy, for guys, from his point of view and research. Very informal, like having a chat down the pub! I used to point stuff about mood swings etc out to him so he could see I wasn't just being an unreasonable moody cow... it's normal!

Don't think it covers much of the newborn stuff from what I remember but haven't looked at it for a while.

I have the Haynes manual, it's pretty good :)

Thanks so much for those suggestions. It will definitely be a toilet read for my bloke, that seems to be where he spends most of his quiet time lol.

I'll have a good look at them all after my tea and try to make a decision. Thanks

I got my OH the Bloke's guide last time and he got it for his brother last year, when they were having their first! It's lighthearted but gives good info, I think.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back