2 years no luck - advice what to do next

greekgirl84

Reaction score
Hi everyone .
Officially 2 yrs of trying with no luck. Each time I loose hope that little bit more of becoming a mum . It's taken over my life . I have a super supportive oh who puts no pressure on me but wants a baby as much as I Do. We do things by the book , I even sleep for most of the night legs raised ( we have an adjustable bed ) . I feel like dedication is for nothing . I had bloods in nov time and came back normal so doc sad just go home and get pregnant . He doesn't seem to think I need to take things further medically . So feel I can't go back and ask him to refer me :( any advice greatly appreciated x

Hi hon, I think if it has been 2 years and you want to move things on then you need your gp to refer you for a scan and further investigations. You are entitled to this if u have been ttc for more than 1 year. The sooner you get the ball rolling the sooner you can get help on the NHS. The scan will show any issues with your cervix womb and ovaries and then you go from there. Be forceful with your go they vary in the knowledge they have. I am sure everything is fine but you need to get the boxes ticked. Love gizzy xxxx

Hiya and welcome Greekgirl :wave:

Try not to lose hope :hug:

What are your cycles like? Do you use OPKs? Do you smoke/drink a lot of alcohol? Are either of you overweight? Have you ever had an STI?

Also, you have a right to further investigation into rthe fact that you cannot conceive. After one year of ttc, you are medically classed as sub-fertile by the Nhs and they should start to diagnose you to the full extent of their ability.

Blood tests are a good start but if they have ticked off hormonal issue for you, they should do some tests on your hubby's semen. If that comes back clear then they should start looking at you physically and see if your tubes are blocked.

By two years of ttc, you are eligible for IVF (if they fund in your area) so don't let them get away with brushing you off. If they can't find anything wrong you are still entitled to fertility treatments! Clomid, IUI, IVF, etc. They don't have to find anything wrong xx

Last edited:
It does depend on age tho, i am 26 and ttc for. Over 2 years with a mmc at 14 weeks and i am not priority for anything until 30!

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Nah, that's bs.

Just a cop out - it's discrimination Lynette. They can't decide who is old enough to access certain treatments when they take tax off everyone regardless of age. I'm only just 27 myself xx

Last edited:
iv jus been refered and im 23 :) xx

Hi greekgirl, welcome to PF :) I'm not sure about the age thing as I do know in certain places there are age restrictions for IVF (you have to be under 39 to be eligible here in Glasgow) but I don't know about a minimum age, I would think that would be discrimination however I've stopped trying to understand doctors/hospitals reasons for things to be honest. I would ask to speak with a different doctor and INSIST on getting referred to the ACU (assisted conception unit) at your local hospital (I had to wait 9 months for an appt so the sooner you do this the better). And definately insist on a sperm analysis for OH.

I know all of this is really scary but the sooner you get on it the better situation you will be in. And as Lou says it doesn't mean that anything will be wrong. We've been trying for 2 years this month and had all the tests and everything is fine. We are classed as unexplained infertility and are now on a huge waiting list for iui/ivf.

At times I also feel like giving up but just keep going as I really want to start a family. Don't give up hun and we are here if you ever need to talk. Hugs xxxx

Hiya , i asked my doctor for further testing by means of scans and semen analysis. I am 27 and have a previous child forma previous relationship. I still qualify for help x

Hi there i agree with the others you should push to see another doctor. i got the brush off too as my bloods came back ok but pushed to see another doctor and finally got refered. Since then OH had his swimmers tested and they came back just below average but did improve once he made some changes to his lifestyle, the hospital said that even though they were below average it shouldnt cause a problem, ive had scans and a HSG which were all fine so we still dont know what the prob is but we are now being proscribed clomid.

So, even if there is no obvious problem at least you can get the ball rolling, good luck and dont give up x x x

Hi thanks all for your advice. As seems you lot are the only ones that really understand and I get more than " just relax and it will happen". I go away next week for a week to see family abroad so after that I will insist on being referred to someone else as seems many people are being prescribed things as well as being offered scans etc. I have been looking at prescribed drugs and see there are a range online but don't want to just get them off the Internet.
I am 27 and had eating disorder when I was younger but due to my levels coming back alright he said no permanent damage has been done, so that is a positive . X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back