Boobies!

SpinSugar

Reaction score
Just found this on the M&S website...

"At 33 weeks pregnant, here's what to expect for the rest of your pregnancy...
Now
You're so very nearly there! Hopefully you've got your maternity bras sussed and been for all three recommended fittings by now- one when you found out you were pregnant, one in your second trimester and one at about 30 weeks.

If you've missed the third and final fitting, try and get one done as soon as possible. At this stage you might want to consider wearing a soft sleeping bra at night so that you're comfortable and supported while you sleep.

About two weeks before your due date, you should consider going to get fitted for, and getting used to wearing, a nursing bra. You might be surprised that we're recommending this before you've given birth, but you'll probably find that your milk ducts are already producing milk and so nursing bras will accommodate breast pads nice and easily. It's also one last thing to get used to once baby comes along; all M&S nursing bras have easy to use drop-down cups.

If you're anything like the average pregnant lady, you'll now be two underbands and four cup sizes bigger – although if this isn't the case, do not be alarmed! As you probably well know, women's bodies differ hugely. If you're at all unsure, visit your local M&S for a bra fitting."

OMG 3 fittings by now? I've not had a single one! and FOUR CUP SIZES BIGGER?! I'm still in exact same cup size I was pre pregnancy but I've gone up to a 36B from 34 B. I'm still in the same bras I brought right at week 6!

I hope they make nursing bras in small cups!!!

When is it I should get fitted for a nursing bra? at about 38 weeks?

Xx

Oh my gosh! I'm the same, I've only gone from a 36d to a 38d... I want massive ones now after reading that!!! And I've not had any fittings, just tried a few sizes to work out what was most comfy!!!

3 fittings!! I went at around 24 weeks as my usual 28FF were tight and got remeasured as a 30G. I'm pretty relieved I didn't go up 4 cup sizes! It's hard enough carting this bump around. Haven't been measured since though. I'm hoping I do get measured as a 32 band when I get fitted for a nursing bra as finding bras in a 30 band is irritating enough let alone a nursing bra. I think Mothercare suggest around 38 weeks.

Joeyclare, I'm insanely jealous, 28FF! You sound like a beautiful skinny Minnie with lovely boobs, compared to me, fat and flat PMSL :p I suspect the 3 fittings is to make M&S more money!just looked quickly, seems some nursing bras start in a B, yay!

Xx

I've had no fittings, but I have gone from been a 36B to a 38D so a few sizes up, not complaing as its the size I have always wanted. but looks like I need to have a fitting done around 35 weeks as they keep growing x x x

Ladies you have gone up cup sizes... as you go up a back size it goes down a cup size... so a 34b is a 36a... hope that makes sense xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This frightens me! I'm only just approaching 20 weeks and already have gone from 34D to 34G! How big can these bad boys actually grow?!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Haha I'm still the same size I wad before and I've only got a week til EDD!! If anything the band has got to big cos I now have to do it right on the tightest clasp!!
I think most of the "updates" you can get from anywhere suggest 2 or 3 fittings in all, but I've left any fittings til after now cos I'm guessing I'll expand when she's born and milk comes in. Not had 1 yet though!!

I'm breastfeeding now and my sizes went from a 36dd pre pregnancy to a 38e during pregnancy. I'm now in 36g as my boobs are huge because of the milk I'm producing! you need as comfy and supportive bra as you can x

I got fitted for a nursing bra last time by m&s at 38 weeks and unfortunately spent 40quid on two bras and they only fit for 3 weeks after birth. And had to get fitted again.

I would advise if money is tight to just get one nursing bra if you don't mind washing it all the time. You can always get cheap bras to for at home where it doesn't matter to have to take the bra off to feed. Then get measured after your milk supply establishes a bit.

To be fair though I did use those bras again later on when I was feeding twice a day, and my boobs had gone down. But also at that point I was feeding first thing and last thing so didn't really need nursing bras.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Fairypants, get bra extenders. You can pick them up in m&s for a fiver.

----------------

I was measured yesterday in Mothercare and I'm a 38DD - expected to be a 38E when milk comes in! I'm a size 14 too, but very broad..usually a 34D...so they have definately grown!

Bought some lovely nursing bras in mothercare too :) x

Mene have grown but actually gone down a cup size, 34 D to 38C. My hubby appreciates them though. ;-) So I think we're all VERY different! would have loved MASSIVE ones but it was inevitable I wouldn't be as I'm only little all over really. I might have toppled over!
At least if they don;t grow too much it's less stretch marks and sagging spinsugar!! xx

Fairypants, get bra extenders. You can pick them up in m&s for a fiver.

----------------

Lol I mean like my bra bands are getting bigger rather than smaller! Definitely don't need extenders, but thinking I may have to go down a band size if this carries on!
I don't plan to breastfeed so will probably give it a couple of weeks or so and see how I'm going before I worry about getting measured or anything!

I've gone from a 34D to a 36E, but haven't felt the need to go and get re-measured as they are already nursing bras, if I need to ill just send my mum out on the hunt for some extenders when the milk comes in lol!x

Mene have grown but actually gone down a cup size, 34 D to 38C. My hubby appreciates them though. ;-) So I think we're all VERY different! would have loved MASSIVE ones but it was inevitable I wouldn't be as I'm only little all over really. I might have toppled over!
At least if they don;t grow too much it's less stretch marks and sagging spinsugar!! xx

Bex you haven't gone down a cup size... you've gone up... a 34D is the equivalent of a 38B... xx when you go up a back size it goes down a cup size.... xx

Thanks, I thought so. I still find it confusing though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back