boiling baby food

trixipaws

Reaction score
my HV said 2 make my own baby puree 2 boil up a carrot, or an apple or pear. how much water do i put in the pan? ill need the consistency of slop but not so much that its runny like soup. :think:

only put in a tiny amount of water when you are boiling fruit as it will turn to mush very quickly

Boil veg as you would normally, then blend well. If the consistency is too thick add a little milk (breast or formula) before you feed it too her. I was told it should be like runny wallpaper paste!

And yes, if you are stewing fruit, say apples, just put a little water in the pan.

I steam Alex's veggies on the hob, find it easier that way :)

I'm not sure about fruit but with veg you are meant to boil it by just putting in enough water to cover it. Don't boil it for too long or you will lose all the nutrients from the veg. When it is done just drain it and then blend it. If the veg isn't smooth enough after blending you can always add a tiny bit of boiled water or milk. Another way of cooking veg is to steam it and this way your veg won't lose so many nutrients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back