Homemade baby puree

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
Whoop Whoop I have made my first lot of puree for H for when i start weaning him!!!! :dance:

Well tbh i made root vegetable soup (from my covent garden soup book) and i made 2 lots so i can put some aside for H!!!

Will homemade soup consistency be ok or will i need to add more water?

I made charley some food to freeze yesterday! I'm sure the soup should be fine. Give it a try, you could always add water if it's too thick!

of ur freezing it , it needs to be thick as defrosting creates water? :) well done you! Madison hated my frozen puree! i had made bout 10 dinners 6 portions of each and she wudnt eat them lol! :/ she liked it fresh fussy madame! xx

of ur freezing it , it needs to be thick as defrosting creates water? :) well done you! Madison hated my frozen puree! i had made bout 10 dinners 6 portions of each and she wudnt eat them lol! :/ she liked it fresh fussy madame! xx

Thanks for this!it is quite thick as I thought its easier to make thinner than thicker!I never thought about the defrosting part!ill see what its like when I reheat it for lunch!

I'm planning on doing more fresh stuff and just use jars if we go out!unless there's a way of warming up your own food when out and about?

I'm planning on doing more fresh stuff and just use jars if we go out!unless there's a way of warming up your own food when out and about?

Couldnt you sterilise some jars or even use bottles with a flat lid and put ur own food in them for going out? i was planning on doing this myself when I start weaning Eva?

I was just sorting h's cupboard out thinking I could reuse the jars of porrige I've bought once h has eaten them!

we had a roast latsnight n i blended up some carrots and cauliflower with a tiny bit of gravy & he absolutely loved it!!!! so much so my mums just bought me a blender!!! lol

I've been a Childminder for nearly 7 years and love cooking for each new baby I help to wean! Its lovely knowing exactly what they are eating. xxx

I've been a Childminder for nearly 7 years and love cooking for each new baby I help to wean! Its lovely knowing exactly what they are eating. xxx

tbh i bought loads of heniz jars and stuff but they can be quite expensive and i actually had loads of fun doing it (geek) i cant wait to do diff varieties... potatoes and pumpkin, parsnip etc etc. at leats i know what im giving him and i think it will deffo work out cheaper! i whole carrot and a medium sprig of cauli lastnight and i made about 6 little meals!!! hes only taking a little bit at the mo so pop them in freezer & theyll last ages! :))))

I use ice cube trays when they first start weaning as 1 or 2 ice cubes of food is enough for them. Then I use all sorts of different sized pots!

Try sweet potato too, i'm yet to meet a child who doesn't like it!! :)

xxx

Cahal is having his first sweet potato today :) he loves carrots and parsnips so no doubt will like the sweet potato too!

I still like sweet potato.. Lol

great ideas girlies.. will keep a note of this! Lol

butternut squash im gona do tonight daisy loves ella's kitchen pouches so im going to try replicate these

I tried charley with cauliflower the other day! He was not impressed lol but he loves sweet potato!!

ooo this makes me hungry! lol. i made some more yesterday i did parsnip & potato! he loved it! x

Did you all start with one veg at a time or a mixture? as so far all I have made up is mixed veggie soup!

Now h is better after his jabs I'm going to give him a day or so then will start the baby rice!

I started with pureed carrot and then added new veg - first parsnip, then potato, then sweet potato, and also made mixtures without the carrot too (ie parsnip and sweet potato and the like). Now he will have anything that will fit in the blender lol! He loves munching on sticks of cooked carrot and broccoli though, he sucks the broccoli dry lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back