Blw not eating much

Em91

Reaction score
hi ladies we started tw at 5mths with the usual purees etc then started offering finger food at 6mths. O has now decided she won't have puree or food from a spoon she will only have finger food. So i guess were BLW lol!
i offer fruit, veg ,omlette , cheese toast etc and whatever we're having for dinner as long as its ok for her.
She picks food off the tray and it instantly goes in her mouth she seems to be a pretty good chewer and knows what to do but she doesn't seem to actually swallow much, is this normal? should i worry shes not actually eating enough? HV said she should have started dropping milk feeds by now but she is still having 5 x 7oz feeds a day? i know milk is still the most important thing butt HV basically said im over feeding her
so confused. Tia xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I am finding this too. My LG seems to chew on the food but doesn't actually eat much as she tends to spit it out if she manages to actually chew any off. My hv said BLW babies tend to take milk for longer than tw babies x

To start with, as far as I'm aware, she may not eat much as she needs to learn the skills of chewing, swallowing etc. I wouldn't reduce her feeds if she's not eating many solids, offer her the same amount of milk and she'll take it if she wants it. Cam has dropped a bottle but he is on 3 pureed meals a day so i know he's getting food into him.

XX

The mantra for BLW is 'food is fun until they're one' this means that their milk is the main source of nutrients etc until they're one. Don't worry about how much they're actually eating. BLW is about them learning how to manage food, how to move food in their mouths, how to chew and finally how to swallow. I wouldn't drop any milk feeds until your baby indicates they're ready to drop a feed.

The mantra for BLW is 'food is fun until they're one' this means that their milk is the main source of nutrients etc until they're one. Don't worry about how much they're actually eating. BLW is about them learning how to manage food, how to move food in their mouths, how to chew and finally how to swallow. I wouldn't drop any milk feeds until your baby indicates they're ready to drop a feed.

WSS hun. Tilly didn't start swallowing a lot until recently. And it really depends on the day too - sometimes she goes at it like a girl possessed and other times she barely touches the food. Just sit back, relax and let her take it at her own pace. Keep up with offering the milk feeds until she drops them herself later on. You'll know. Trust yourself and trust Olivia xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back