Bloomin' cat

beanie

Reaction score
Just came up satirs and saw my cat Casper playing with something, a bird. I have just chased him around the house and eventually he has dropped it but when I went to pick it up it is still alive!!! So now I have a shocked bird in a small dark box in a warm room. What do I do with it??

if it can fly let it go i had to rescue a baby one the other day my cat got it i think it fell from the tree i picked it up but it could fly so popped it on the shed roof so it could find its way home

We saw a bird get half run over a couple of weeks ago. I put it in a shoe box for a couple of hours and after a bit it started squeaking. I opened the lid and it flew all around the lounge so we took it back to where it got run over and let it go.

ah bless its amazing how they recover so well, when my cat got hit by a car the vet said if he survives the shock then hopefully he will be ok, well he got over that and had 2grands worth of treatment, he had pins and plates in his hips and within a day of surgery he was up and about (within the confines of a cage in my lounge) as humans we'd be on our backs for weeks!!!

beanie my lil kitten has done exactly the same thing to me this morning! :shock:

little sod caught it brought it in let it go to play with, but it hid behind the t.v and I'm petrified of birds, so got MIL to come and rescue it. :oops:

Luckily for this one it was just shocked and wanted to get away.

We locked my kitty in let the bird go when she was locked in so she couldn't go and fetch it again, if it's squeaking or making movements it should be ok.

and you should be able to let it go just make sure your naughty lil kitty doesn't see where it's let go free or she'll catch it again. :roll:

I couldn't see any obvious signs of injury but the poor thing is in shock so have put it in a small dark box. am leaving it for a bit before checking on it but hopefully Gee as Seren has named it will be ok. Will keep you updated.

Right update. I opened the box a little bit and he was still in the same position that I left him and I couldn't see whther or not he was alive so I opened it up a little bit more and Gee flew out (I know you are going to say I told you so Urchin, following your story). He flew intop the glass pane above the dorr then around the kitchen. I was trying to open the back door and window, Seren just found the whole thing amusing. Eventaully Gee flew out the window and away. I think we can safely say that he is fine. I had a bit of poo to clean off my worktop too (ewww - dettol time), which I think is a tad ungrateful seeing as I saved his life.

Awww bless you, at least he flew off.

Seren liked the show then..... Somehow us adults don't find it funny though. :roll: :wink:

mine got away too so i was pleased, even though I was too chicken to rescue it myself!!!! :oops:

Well done .... that's your good deed of the week! :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Told you so!

hehe

Years ago when I lived with my parents we were watching telly one evening when we could hear this weird noise. We looked all around the lounge and couldn't find anything, till I saw something move on the floor out of the corner of my eye. It was a frog! The cat had brought it in, unharmed, and plonked it down infront of eastenders!
He hopped all round the place before I caught it and put it back outside :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back