Bloody men

Lydia81

Reaction score
Hello
6 weeks and 2 days pregnant with planned 1st baby, been together 15 years, my DF has always been slow with DIY ( he starts a job and then forgots about it for a long time then goes back to finishing it off),

We live in a 1 bedroom flat which we bought 2 years ago, we love it, there are a few issues with planning permission for new windows which we need doing before we put the new kitchen in( the new kitchen is currently in boxes in our lounge and been there for 2years😞) we are finally getting somewhere with the new windows, then the kitchen can be done ready for baby

However my DF ripped up all the kitchen floorboards to change them and re do all the electronics (he is an electrician) which is fine but he started it in February and it's not finished, he is making no effort to finish it, so we are living with no kitchen when I need to eat healthy because of growing baby, all of our old kitchen is in the lounge (cooker, sink, fridge, washing machine and cubards etc as well as our brand new kitchen in boxes😞 I can put up with that because baby due oct and once new windows have been agreed we can get the kitchen finished then we will be ready for baby

He has no omph to get it done, my brother is coming to stay for first time at end of march so we need the floorboards done by then then we can put old kitchen back so my brother can sleep in lounge, he has always been like that no omph? But I said once it's all done we can relax

We are both off this weekend, instead of him doing a little bit he is watching to while I'm in bed with flu,, sorry for long post just wanted to rant a bit,

He is good in other ways, he went food shopping and to laundry today, I don't expect him to do diy every day off but to make a little effort but he has always been like this , I know it will get done eventually but I'm getting impatient 😃

Organise a large family gathering at your house. I find when we are expecting to have loads of visitors my partner works his arse off on the house (me with whip in hand). But stops when it's over. He got the kitchen nearly done before xmas and finishing it has now come to a standstill so I've done a couple of weekends of visiting my parents and telling him he's got a weekend on the house. It works :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back