Bloody doctors!!!!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by xkikix, Dec 21, 2007.

1. xkikix

xkikix Well-Known Member

Aaaaaargh!! I've bin anaemic most of my life and when I got pregnant the midwife upped my dose of iron.

I've been really really really tired these last few weeks so on monday I went and had some bloods taken. I rang the surgery today for the results as I hadnt heard anything yet and i'm going on holiday tomorrow.

I told the receptionist my details and she went off to check. Then she came back saying "oh i need to speak to the midwife as your results are derranged!" I was like, what do you mean Derranged!! She said she couldnt tell me anything as she needed to speak to the midwife first, so i got all paniced... I asked her whether it was my iron as i suspected they may be low but she wouldnt tell me!!!

Turns out that after an hour of waiting for her to call back that it was my iron levels a little low (10.1). I was like why couldnt you tell me that rather than saying my blood was derranged!!!! aaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

I got myself all worked up and stressed at work and my boobies started leaking!!

2. Manda&Thomas

Manda&Thomas Well-Known Member

aww i hate it when they wont give you results over the phone drives me mad :(
    manda xx

3. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: Surely she would have realised saying 'derranged' would have worried you! Silly bint! :x