Blood Type

Tootsmaloy

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I had my 10 weeks scan today, all good and a strong heartbeat :) lovely to see.
However, I also found out that I'm blood type O negative, anyone else???! I don't want to be alone in my rare blood! It's worrying me!

xx

I'm O negative too, as is my sister and my best friend. Don't worry you are not alone! X

Oooh thank you! Yay for not being alone!!!

I guess nothing happens until the injections at 20 something weeks, right? Also I'm going to give blood as soon as I can after the pregnancy!

xxx

You've got a fairly common group (o) but not so common cause on the negetive. I think about 10% of the population have your blood type from what I know (was a blood donor and its in all the bumpf). Your blood type can be given to anyone at all so it's pretty special and they tend to try and keep good stocks of it for that reason.

I'm common old O+ which about 40% of the pop have!

I'm A+. My SIL to be is A- and she's 3 months along now so in the same boat as you. x

I guess I never really thought about it before and now suddenly it kinda matters - like many things really!

Thank you so much for your comments, it's made me feel a lot better about it. Been doing a bit of reading up too (obviously avoided all the alien/lost city of Atlantis theories that's go with O-, seriously if you want a laugh have a look!)

Lots of positive baby thoughts to you all xxxx

Hey, yep I'm O negative too and so is my oh x

Those alien stories are so funny! Our blood is the purest?! I feel quite special now! X

I've had 3 pregnancies so far (4th one now) and I'm O neg xxx

A negative and you will be offered an anti D jab at 28 weeks. If you have any bleeding or a fall or bump you will need another one so need to speak to mw/hosp. They will then take your blood and cord blood and check the baby's group if positive they will give you another jab.

I'm a rhesus d negative :) so there's a few with awkward blood groups! Haha :) xx

Monkey blood. lol From my dad I reckon as mum positive and sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back