RH negative blood group

LauraKC

Reaction score
Hello. My mum seems to think there may be some complications in pregnancy because i have this rare blood group and i dont kinow what my hubby's blood group is. I just tried to find some information about it and it said abotu giving you injections if youre not compatible or at risk of developing these harmful antibodies. does anyone know anything more about this? im not seeing the midwife for 2 weeks (first appointment) thank you. Laura (nearly 6 weeks pregnant and trying to sort ticker still) xx

im rh neg as well and it caused me no problems at all. I bled at first but that had nothing to do with the rh but if I had bled later I would have needed an anti d injection.

I might have got that when I gave birth but im not sure, im not sure about anything of that day. If babys dad is rh neg then baby will be too as its passed down from the dad so your dad must be rh neg.

You will be cool 8)

I am rh neg too and on my third pregnancy :dance:,it just means having anti d injections at 28 and 34 weeks of pregnancy and one after the birth if baby doesn't have the same blood type as you,nothing to worry about hun :D xx

I'm rhesus neg too and had the injection as I bled early on. I will try and explain what it is about.

If a mother and baby have the same blood status i.e both are negative, then there is no problem. If baby is a positive group (from dad), then there is a risk if a bleed occurs, and mother and baby's blood mix. The mothers immune system would react to the baby's blood as if it was a foreign invader and produce antibodies against it. This can harm the baby in different ways. The anti-d injection prevents this from happening.

Hope that helps

Mermaid x

If its your first pregnancy it shouldnt matter but if the baby is positive then you will need an anti D injection following birth. For subsequent babies they give you 2 injections whilst preg and one after the birth.

My mum was one of the guinea pigs for anti D with the university of liverpool in the 70's and because she must have lost a baby in the very early stages between me and my sister & not known about it it meant the anti D she had after my sister wasnt working so when she was having me her immune system reacted. This is why you get them during pregnancy now I think.

Im Rh- too hun. It really is nothing to worry about anymore especially with your first baby.

Yeah i'm rhesus negative too, but midwife said as this is my first pregnancy it's highly unlikely to cause any problems, unless i have a bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back