Blood tests

Marsh08

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

I haven't been on here in a while as am trying to de-stress after a year of TTC...easier said than done! Very few people are aware we are TTC and many people are asking if we are considering a little family....if only they knew :cry:

Anyway, we have been to see our GP's who are sending us both for blood tests. My doctor said I should have my tests done on day 20-21 of my cycle. After reading some of your post, many of you have said you have had day 21 blood tests done. Day 21 for me will fall on a Saturday and it is extremely hard to find somewhere who will do Saturday blood tests...do you think I will be ok having it done on day 20? We will be so gutted if we waste yet another month? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

XXx

Do you know when you ovulate? Do you have a 28 day cycle?
The day 21 bloods tests should be done 7 days after you have ovulated, so for me this is cd26.

Hi RAFMrs,

My cycles vary from 26-28 days and I tend to get a smiley face on day 13 (although I know this doesn't mean I ovulate on this day!!) so counting 7 days on from this will make day 20. I'm hoping we will be ok and I guess all we can do is try!
Who would have thought TTC would be so mind boggling!!

XxX

Yes that's makes sense, my doctor does say that cd 21 bloods are better to be done slightly late then early.
Do you do your bbt?

I'm 4 years in to this ttc now and still learning x

My day 21 was Sunday so I got mine on day 22. The nurse who took my blood did warn me they might need to do them again because it wasn't day 21 but they were fine and I got a 'normal' result. Haven't been back to discuss them in detail because waiting on SA and day 3 bloods.

I'd ring up and ask what's best but I think the Friday will be fine.

We're all in similar positions to you in terms of people asking us about having babies so feel free to rant away to ladies who understand!

Let us know how you get on in your bloods etc and keep trying - you never know!

xxxxxxxx

Ok, well I will go with day 20 and keep everything crossed! No I dont do my bbt....its something I have considered but never got round to doing it!
Wow 4 years in must be hard going...hopefully you will get your BFP....if anyone is deserving of one, it has to be you!
Guess we will never stop learning about TTC!
XxX

Thank you Mrspc,

I dont quite know where I would be without this forum! It is reassuring to hear so many similar stories.
Were you sent for day 3 bloods as your 21 came back ok and sorry but what is SA?!
Our doctor said many women fall pregnant at this time as they tend to relax as things are being checked but still I find it hard! We will never stop trying!
XxX

Oh I wish I had a tenner for everyone who says relax and it will happen!! Grrrr.... as if!

SA is sperm analysis - we've been waiting for a kit for OH to do his at home then drop it at the lab!

No - I was referred for day 3 at the same time as day 21.

x

Hi hon I did mine on day 20 (as day 21 was a Saturday and I also have a 26 day cycle and it was fine. It showed I had ovulated. Good luck!! Xxxx

Thank you Gizzy Kelly! One less thing to worry about knowing you have ov'd!!
Have you had day 3 bloods done aswell?
Xx

Oh I wish I had a tenner for everyone who says relax and it will happen!! Grrrr.... as if!

SA is sperm analysis - we've been waiting for a kit for OH to do his at home then drop it at the lab!

No - I was referred for day 3 at the same time as day 21.

x

I know....we would be millionaires!!
Oh ok...wonder why I wasn't sent for day 3 aswell?
Ok, now I know another abbreviation...I got used to TTC ones and now I have different ones to learn being in a different section :lol:. I've heard the speed to the lab is a crucial one...how long do you get?!

Xx

Think they say within an hour but we could prob do it in 20 mins! Wish the kit would arrive though - will have to chase it tomorrow! xx

Yes that worked out on day 3 of my cycle. I have had those done a few times now. I don't think you have anything to be worried about as you clearly get your smiley face so u know you ovulate. Day 3 tests for FSH level but normally if you ovulate monthly then your FSH will be fine. Post your results on here and we can tell you what they mean xx

I did one of my day 21 tests 4 days early. When going through it I told them I'd come on later than expected and they said the result mapped well to being 3dpo so I didn't have to redo it

Yes that worked out on day 3 of my cycle. I have had those done a few times now. I don't think you have anything to be worried about as you clearly get your smiley face so u know you ovulate. Day 3 tests for FSH level but normally if you ovulate monthly then your FSH will be fine. Post your results on here and we can tell you what they mean xx

Thank you! I keep reading that getting a smiley face doesnt necessarily mean you have ov'd....its just detects a LH surge! :wall2: OH is also undergoing tests so hopefully we will know soon enough! Am I right in thinking nothing has been detected with either you or your OH?

XxX

I did one of my day 21 tests 4 days early. When going through it I told them I'd come on later than expected and they said the result mapped well to being 3dpo so I didn't have to redo it

Ah ok, im hoping all will be ok but will be turning to you all for advice and support when our results are through.....doctors are sometimes a little vague?!

XxX

Yes we have unexplained infertility and have been referred for IVF now. I think you will be fine if u get your smiley face so your blood tests will be okay. Have you had a scan or a hycosy done yet?? Xxxx

Yes we have unexplained infertility and have been referred for IVF now. I think you will be fine if u get your smiley face so your blood tests will be okay. Have you had a scan or a hycosy done yet?? Xxxx

No nothing has been done yet....we got to 13months of TTC and only went to the doctors last week so it really is early days for us. Whats a hycosy? XxX

I think after a year things move pretty quickly so the next step after the bloods and your oh sample will be a scan to check your ovaries and after that a hycosy or HSG where they insert saline into your tubes to check whether there are any blockages. Make sure u raise the scan when u go back for your blood test results. All go must and should be referring you on after a year of TTC. Xxxxxx

I think after a year things move pretty quickly so the next step after the bloods and your oh sample will be a scan to check your ovaries and after that a hycosy or HSG where they insert saline into your tubes to check whether there are any blockages. Make sure u raise the scan when u go back for your blood test results. All go must and should be referring you on after a year of TTC. Xxxxxx

Lovely, thanks for your help! XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back