Blood test results...

Lulabell

Reaction score
Well, as previously mentioned when I had my 12 week scan they couldn't do the neck measurement due to position of the baby. Even after a lot of coughing, jiggling and tilting of the table! Trust me to have an awkward baby! Hehe. So instead of doing the combined measurement and blood test, they did a quad blood test instead. This measures 4 hormones instead of 2. And the results are in... Very very very low risk (in midwives own words) for downs etc. Something like 1:34,000 so that's made me happy. However, the blood tests did highlight a few other things.

Even though my mum said I had chickenpox when I was younger, turns out I have no immunity to it. So I have to be careful not to come into contact with anyone who might have it.

The other thing it highlighted is something I've had for a few years. I don't want to google it as googling tends to only bring up horror stories. So anyone on here ever had raised gamma gt levels before? They've been raised for a good few years but docs never seemed concerned. But not sure if there is any risks for baby cos of it?

Sorry for the essay. I'm not overly worried but just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience on here?

Thanking you all in advance as always. :love:

Great news :clap:
I found this information online (Hope you don't mind).

Gamma GT stands for gamma-glutamyl transferase, a liver enzyme in the blood level that is elevated with excessive alcohol consumption. Usually it declines to normal levels in the absence of alcohol consumption after three months.

Alcohol is usually the main reason for this.
Medication can also be the reason.

If your doctors haven't mentioned anything about it, I wouldn't worry :) Your levels obviously aren't extremely high xxx

That is very shocking... Reason being it is very rare that I drink! Hand on heart I have one or two glasses of wine a month! I've never been a big drinker. Obv since finding out I'm pg Ive not had a drop anyway. Think I'll have to get this investigated further. Docs did mention alcohol but I explained to them that I didnt drink.very odd. But thank you for looking into it. :) x

Alcohol isn't always the case hun :)
Like I said it could be other things like medication.
I think doctors would be worried about you if the levels were abnormally high. Hope you get some answers soon though xxx

Medication would make sense... I've had a fair few health issues the past few years. And most recently was on metformin for PCOS... wonder if that could be it? Still, there is a positive to my results so can't worry too much. Thank you!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back