Quad Test Results

Violet

Reaction score
I've been really worried about having a baby that is a high risk of Down Syndrome (or indeed any of the other syndromes tbh). I know age is a factor; I will be 40 a month before baby is born. Im also overweight which I think is a factor.

I was gutted when at the 12 week scan they werent able to do a nuchal fold test as baby wasnt co-operative so they referred me for the quad blood test at 15 weeks. I know this isnt as accurate at the nuchal plus blood test too. After 2 loooong weeks I finally had my letter giving me my results. They say my individual Down syndrome risk is for this pregnancy is 1:2300.

Im happy that they say its low risk, but I thought my age alone would make me higher and its another 3 weeks until I go for my 20 week scan at which point I will be able to speak to the consultant. I just wish I knew how accurate this test is likely to be, or whether whoever did the test didnt realise my age. :?

That's a really low risk. Although they dud manage to measure nuchal fold with me my results came back at something like 1:550 risk.

My hospital don't consider you at higher risk until you get 1:150 as a result

Try not to worry x

That's a very low risk result. I wouldn't worry.
Just because ur nearing 40 and a little heavy, doesn't mean something will automatically be wrong.
I'd be very happy with those results x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

being an older mum doesnt always cause complications.
be happy with the results xxx

Thanks girls. Ive calmed down a little now about it. I dont think I will stop worrying about it fully until I am holding baby in my arms really, but Im trying not to let it worry me too much.

Hi Violet, my odds were 1:106 - I'm 38 - and I chose to have a CVS even though these odds are not massively high and everything was fine. I'm sure with 1:2300 you have absolutely nothing to worry about hun. Just relax and enjoy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back