Blood test recall ***updated YET AGAIN***

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Had my 28 week check up with midwife last monday, had bloods taken...

Got a letter this friday ask ing me to ring docs for a retest :think:

Anyone else had this? Had to recall on booking in bloods as they lost some blood, and also retested on my Hep B, all was ok

What do they test for @ 28 weeks???? xx

I know they test you for iron levels hun, I have MW tomorrow and I will get my results from my 28 week appointment then...cant remember what else! :oops:

grrr that happened with my stupid midwife..she tried to take blood from me and because she didnt get enough she had to do it again :shakehead:
Needless to say i got her to send me to someone else :rotfl:

I rang this morning, my white cells are high....
Going back this affy for a retest

Now I am worried :think:

Try not to worry too much Zoe, I'm sure it will be something as simple as your iron levels. How do you feel in yourself - maybe a little more tired than usual? Let us know how you get on.

Midwife taken more blood, got to wait for results...she thinks it could be an infection.

Checked bubba, all fine so bit more relaxed now

Told me to rest and not to worry xx

zoe c said:
Midwife taken more blood, got to wait for results...she thinks it could be an infection.

Checked bubba, all fine so bit more relaxed now

Told me to rest and not to worry xx

What sort of infection babe, a UTI or something else?

hiya, sorry for crashing in on third but wanted to say that when I had my uti last week they knew because my white blood cells were high xxx

I didnt take urine sample as I went from work, so they couldnt check my wee, but she said it could of been a cold/stomach bug etc....

Normal levels are 11, mine was slightly high @ 11.8 so they said it might of been a bit high on the day of last test-a blip she said :think:

Got to ring friday for results......

You could just have been fighting an infection hun, thats why white blood cells were high.

We shall wait to hear the results :hug:

Had blood retaken Monday by midwife.....

Had a stressful week with my sister waters went @ 32 weeks so only had chance to ring today to see if results were back..
Receptionist said "Oh yes, they are back and you need to come in AGAIN" :shock:

I got really panicky, so she went to find out why, it turns out the midwife had used an incorrect sample bottle for the blood :roll:

Got to go back AGAIN monday for MORE blood, and another wait :wall:

Sorry to rant, I just dont want another week of worry :cry:

Aww hun, you're not having a good week of it are you :hug:

zoe c said:
Had blood retaken Monday by midwife.....

Had a stressful week with my sister waters went @ 32 weeks so only had chance to ring today to see if results were back..
Receptionist said "Oh yes, they are back and you need to come in AGAIN" :shock:

I got really panicky, so she went to find out why, it turns out the midwife had used an incorrect sample bottle for the blood :roll:

Got to go back AGAIN monday for MORE blood, and another wait :wall:

Sorry to rant, I just dont want another week of worry :cry:

An incorrect sample bottle!! How imcompetant. Im sorry to hear this Zoe, NOT what you need.

Best of luck on Monday, hopefully 3rd time lucky they can get it right :hug:

I know Jade, I am not best pleased.....

I hope Monday sorts it out, and I get my results back quick, its starting to stress me out, and that cant be good for baby can it??

If there was an infection of some sort, I would feel ill though? :think: I am ok apart from being increasinngly tired so I am hoping the high levels were just a blip that week, and I test ok next week :pray:

Third time lucky today??? Erm well nearly not...went in, midwife said "Oh didnt I see you last week?" I took off my cardi, rolling up sleeve explaining I was back for retest as they had used wrong sample bottle....she stared at me blankly, and said "Thats not my fault, you need to make an appointment to see doctor to get a form, and come back for blood" I was on the edge of tears....eventually a medical student who was with her (bless him, he could see my frustration) insisted she rang the lab to see what was going on, and after I asked reception to get the doc to get a for ready while I waited, we managed to get midwife to take blood sample (in the correct bottle) before I left :wall:

Got to listen to baby, and had the nice medical student check bubba (he was very cute, and gentle-baby loved it and kicked him several times, much to students amusement!!! :rotfl: )

I am so stressed, I wasnt a bit surprised when my bllod pressure was a bit high!!! Hope these results are ok end of this week or I am going to kill someone :evil:

Sorry for long post xxx

NO WAY!!

I cant believe they STILL havent got it sorted and you got fobbed off again! :evil:

Must be soooooo frustrating for you babes. But at least you got to have a nice student check the baby, I really like students tbh, they seem so keen and interested and make you feel that bit more special I think and not just a 'number'.

:hug:

I am SO angry....phoned today to see if they had the results from Mondays retest-they have LOST the sample now.....There is a 4 week wait at local hozzie so they wanted me to go back and see midwife for the FOURTH time on Thuesday next week....I was so upset I agreed but then spent the next 2 hours bawling in the loo in work. I am so fed up and upset, I am worrying now that this has gone on for so long, and if there is a problem, its now been 4 weeks....

OH is going mental, had to stop him coming home and going to the surgery himself.

Calmed myself and rang again, dissolved into floods of tears on the phone so they have arranged for me to go and see the doctor tonight at 6pm. hopefully to sort this once and for all....

If they read my notes, they should see I am under a consultant as I am off anti depressants for my pregnancy, and all this worry and upset isnt doing me or the baby any good, can it?? :cry:

oh hun lets hope the doctor can get things sorted for you :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back