Blood test recall ***updated YET AGAIN***

I would let hubby go down and sort em out to be honest! Some times he who shouts the loudest wins... I find with pregnant women people think you are over reacting all the time and wehn someone else shouts then you actually get listened too!

It is unacceptable that you have had 4 blood tests and still no results. This screams incompetence and where there is incompetence there is blame..... Let hubby go down with you tonight and complain like mad!!!!!!!

It may not get you the results and you may still need a blood test but you can be sure they will treat you right(hopefully) and you may feel better knowing they have had an ear bashing!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Doctor won't listen to your complaint ask to speak to the Practice manager...

Lyndsey

Oh Hun what a bloody nightmare! They are totally unacceptable, I can't beleive the way they are dealing with the bloods. Definately take OH with you, our men tend to take the strong lead when we are feeling a bit down. I hope it's sorted tonight, once and for all. :hug:
Don't worry too much about bubba, stress isn't good for them no but it won't harm or upset the baby, just raise your blood pressure! :hug:

Doctor rang me in work half an hour after I posted, the receptionist had been in to see her as I was so upset and they didnt want me to have to wait until 6pm....Doc seemed to make light of the whole thing, said the red cells result was fine so at least I wasnt aneamic and the white cells were just above borderline so may be an infection...., I told her it was incompetent, and I want reassurance that all is well NOW as I had been recalled after the original test. Its been nearly 4 weeks...she said she will get me an appointment woth blood clinic...wait for it....WITHIN the next 4 weeks.I lost it then, cried so much I couldnt speak (not good in work, felt a fool) :roll:

I said if I dont get an immediate appointment, I will be making a complaint. She is sorting something and ringing me in the morning.

I wont be holding my breath waiting :wall:

let ur OH go down and sort it out!!

thats ridiculous, u cant keep bein fobbed off, ur pregnant and dont need that rubbish treatment!!! :evil:

zoe c said:
Doctor rang me in work half an hour after I posted, the receptionist had been in to see her as I was so upset and they didnt want me to have to wait until 6pm....Doc seemed to make light of the whole thing, said the red cells result was fine so at least I wasnt aneamic and the white cells were just above borderline so may be an infection...., I told her it was incompetent, and I want reassurance that all is well NOW as I had been recalled after the original test. Its been nearly 4 weeks...she said she will get me an appointment woth blood clinic...wait for it....WITHIN the next 4 weeks.I lost it then, cried so much I couldnt speak (not good in work, felt a fool) :roll:

I said if I dont get an immediate appointment, I will be making a complaint. She is sorting something and ringing me in the morning.

I wont be holding my breath waiting :wall:

Sounds like a right nightmare dont give up! pester power hunny always works, being persistant gets you far trust me :hug:

Keep us updated :hug:

I was shocked when I read this....the bloody imcompetance of the NHS its disgusting!!!!

If it doesnt get sorted this time Zoe definately make a complaint, its just totally unacceptable to be treating anyone, let alone a pregnant women like this :evil:

I know its no consolation for the way you have been treated but your white cell count may be slighlty raised purely because of the time of year... we all naturally fight off bugs ( colds and flus ) at this time of the year and alot of the times we are unaware of it... this could account for a slight raise.

Don't worry I think if there had been anything serious you would have been sorted out before now ( well I would hope so any way!)

However, I would still go and kick some GP ass!!! Or better still get hubby to do it!

Lyndsey

FINALLY got an urgent appointment at a local medical centre on Monday morning for blood test

Hopefully, they will take the blood, put it in the correct sample bottle, and deliver it to the lab without losing it, and get me the results by the end of next week :pray:

I know its probably going to be all okay, and I just want reassurance now...

I was beginning to think the baby would be here before this whole thing was sorted!! :rotfl:

Awww Zoe, I have just read this thread. Sorry you are having such a rubbish time. Your hospital sounds awful. They better sort you out or else they will have all of us having a go at them too. We shall stick together! :hug:

I DONT BELIEVE THIS......

Well, called in Docs tonight to drop off my discharge letter from hozzie, asked if they had had my results back from blood taken on Monday...they had and it was a recall AGAIN!!!!! :evil:

I have said I want to see the Doctor Monday morning, this isnt good enough...its been nearly 5 weeks since my orginial bloods were taken, the docs at hozzie have told me I have an infection-possibly a fungal infection which could be the first sign of gestational diabeties...

I am so angry right now, I want answers and to make a complaint now.

Am I over reacting???

Trying not to stress as I have ha a s**t week in hozzie, but I am so worried about my baby if there is an infection, will it affect my baby????

OMG what a bunch of numptys you are dealing with hun.

ive found in the past that sometimes it does take an irate hubby to get things moving in the right direction.
Not saying us women arent cabable of handeling this kinda incompetance ourselves but we need support when doctors/mw's dont take us seriously.

Id go with hubby next time and get him to express his concerns too, all of this should have been sorted out within a week of your origional bloods :(

..best of luck hun :hug:

That is disgusting! :shakehead: No way is that acceptable! :evil: I don't think your overreacting at all hunny!

I don't know anything about gestational diabeties sorry hun I am not much help there but I would give the midwife a ring and ask her what you can do and if there is anything she can do to help you out as its just getting ridiculus :shakehead:

Let us know how you get on, We are all here for you hun :hug:

What a load of Bo***cks!!!!!!!!! Honestly the NHS is crap!

Go in there and kick some ass!

if you have a fungal infection could it affect baby???? - if its diabetes you may need it controlling.?!!? .... they are messing with your health - you need this acting on asap and I would be talking to them about a negligence claim!!! I would refuse to leave the surgery until this had been sorted.. ie) ok what have the blood results said, or have they beenr eturned because of the wrong bottle being used if this is the case whos fault is it? Some one is to blame.... 5 weeks is unacceptable like you said bubba could be here before you get the results!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in fighting this babe - you need to be strong but go and kick some ass!!!!

Lyndsey

That may make them move a bit quicker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back