Blood Pressure

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Had my 28 week appointment today got bloods and anti d injection. She took blood pressure and she said it was sky high so she continued with everything else then checked it at the end 3 further times. It had came down but still quite high. Is it normal for her to just send me away like that or should she have done other checks. Just felt as though she want too bothered. One of them was up at 157/82 which is way above my previous ones. X

Hi Emma. My bp was sky high at my 25 week appt with my GP. He took it 3 times as well cos he couldn't believe it was so high. He also checked baby's heartrate and that was fast so I had to go and have total rest and then come back the following day to have it checked again, and it had gone down a bit. I think they should keep a closer eye on it if only for your own peace.

xx

I had mine taken at my growth scan a couple of weeks ago and it was 150/98. Along with excess fluid around the baby, I've been signed off for 4 weeks and been told to rest.
I went to the doctors a couple of days later and my blood pressure had gone back to normal levels and has stayed down.
I've heard that its the second number that is the critical one. If it is over 90, then there is cause for concern I believe- but I might be wrong.
Hope your BP comes down hun, just try to relax and rest.​

Thanks girlies. She must not have been too concerned with it then. It dropped a good bit after she had done my bloods and anti d injection, may have been me knowing I was having that done that pushed it up higher xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back