28 week midwife appointment

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
What happens at the 28 week midwife appointment? All my previous mw appointments have been the same - blood pressure checked, urine checked and that's about it, always feels really rushed. They've never even listened to the heartbeat (I had to go to my GP for that!)

So I'm hoping this one might be a little bit more in-depth.
What happened at all your 28-week appointments?

I had my bloods taken, bump measured, blood pressure checked, urine checked and heartbeat checked... Mine are pretty much the same every time I go (apart from bloods).. :)

Mine's on thursday. Think it will be the same as all the others - urine, blood pressure, bump measured and heart beat. OH is coming with me to this one too so that will make it more exciting!

Agree with above same as others although was the first time she measured the bump x

I had urine and blood pressure checked, blood taken (found out i have low iron levels so now on iron tablets), bump got measured and got to hear the heart beat. I'm the same with you i had to go to my GP at around 20 weeks if i wanted to hear the heart beat, but i'm sure the mw will let you hear it again at your appt now that you are further on :). i think in some places they don't like doing it early on incase they can't find it as baba is still small, and they don't want to worry us (this is what my mw told me). The appointment wasn't that exciting, it was a little more in depth than the 16 wk appt, but not by much. She asked if i had any questions or things i wanted to talk about. That was about it! My next appt is at 32 wks, so 4 wks after my 28wk appt. xxx

At my 28 week app they did the usual blood pressure, urine check, listened to heartbeat, measured bump and I think they also took bloods at this app. xx

Same as above, just had mine yesterday! Bloods, urine sample, bump measured, blood pressure, heartbeat plus talking about breastfeeding, anti natel classes and anything else i might be concerned with. Next one is in 3 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back