Blinds and curtains for baby room.

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
we have moved into our new house recently and starting to think about curtains/blinds for the baby room. I was thinking about wood venetians + some curtains to make it pretty.. will it be dark enough for baby or should I do blackout roller blind?

Thanks!!

I never bothered with blackout. I personally think it helps get them use to daytime vs night time, however, as its light at night and early hours now, it might be worth considering. If the curtains are lined though, this should be fine with the blinds x

I used black out blinds from ikea in Jackson's room although mainly used them at night to keep in the heat and noise.

He sleeps anytime of day, if we put him into his cot or bed during the day for a nap the blinds stay up.

That way hes used to light and dark, but the blackout gives that extra bit of cosiness.

We have taken the blinds down as we are putting up new ones and as its been really sunny the previous week hes been up with the birds at 6am but has no issue going to sleep at 8pm when its still light. So the blinds will be back up!

xxxx

I've got wooden Venetian blinds all over the house and was thinking of just adding a cute set of curtains to complete the look. I think that will make it dark enough, I'm just going to shorten the cords so they are out of reach but we've already done this with the blinds downstairs as the bloody cat kept opening them! Lol x

Thanks! I am so confused :) Will decide in the next couple of day.. I like the fact you can get some cute blackouts with baby print so might be worth it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back