blighted ovum

halle

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

i don't often post . i find reading others experiences really helpful though. i went for an eight week scan yesterday to find i have an empty sac again! :shock: ( this happended in december o6). they have asked me to go back to the early pregnancy unit within two weeks for another scan to double check but its much of a fore gone conclusion that i'll have to have a d and c at some stage soon. i would really appreciate some advice/ others expereinces of this type of miscarriage and some motivation to keep trying as im feeling really negative at the moment,

are there any good books out there to offer guidance on miscarriage?

thanks in advance

halle

Hello Halle,

I know you don't post much but I remember you. I am so sorry to read that this is happening to you again. I understand how shattered you must feel and that right now is probably rock bottom but you will get there one day soon. It is less common for a person to have 2 m/c's but I have been around for a while now and have talked with many women on here and I have learned that there are so many stories like yours, so much tragedy and heart ache but so far I have never seen one of these stories end badly. I wish I could remember some of their names so I could point you in their direction for advise and encouragement, but believe me there are plenty of people about having successful pregnancies after more than one loss and your time will come too.

Heres a bit more about blighted ovum:-

What causes a blighted ovum?
A blighted ovum is the cause of about 50% of first trimester miscarriages and is usually the result of chromosomal problems. A woman’s body recognizes abnormal chromosomes in a fetus and naturally does not try to continue the pregnancy because the fetus will not develop into a normal, healthy baby. This can be caused by abnormal cell division, or poor quality sperm or egg.

You have been immensely unlucky, but don't give up. Your dream will come true.

I only had one miscarriage so far but if you want to talk at all please feel free to pm me.

Becs :hug:

Hi just to say that you are no different to any other woman who has had 2 early miscarriages, just for some reason your body 'holds on' to it longer.

I'm almost in the same position as you, I lost one baby at about 5 weeks, 'blighted ovum' and one at 8 weeks (though he had grown) and each time had to have a d + c.

lots of women have 2 early miscarriages, it never gets as far as a scan because the baby passes from them naturally.

The vast majority of women who've had two miscarriages, go on to have a healthy baby :cheer: That's why doctors usually don't even bother investigating us :)

Best wishes for you, and all of us, next time :)

I don't have any advice for you honey, just wanted to give you a hug :hug: Stay strong babes. xx

Hi , :)

thanks for your encouragement and support , im not going to give up trying!

its just so dissapointing and obviously the fear of miscarriage builds every time as im sure some of you will understand

halle :wave:

Ive had 2 m/c and both times it happened b4 i ever got for my scan, i really hope u will b ok please stay strong and let us know wot happens
lots of :hug: :hug: for u

We're in the same boat hun. I should be 11weeks but I have a 6week size empty sack which I've started miscarrying. I'm going to hospital on monday for my operation to remove it.

Better luck for both of us next time. :hug:

Thanks girls :D

had my girlfriends over for dinner last night and feeling alot better, my best friend went to a chinese medicine doctor yesterday to ask his advice about my problems, not sure whta they can do? but thought it was very sweet of her anyway,

just waiting for the epau to call this week for follow up scan then probable d and c sometime soon, although i am starting to consider leaving this one to go naturally any ideas on that?

halle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back