Bleeding again

EllieL

Reaction score
I got my BPF on monday and yesterday I had a bleed. I estimate I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, which is the same time I lost the last baby, although it's diffucult to say exactly as I conceived straight after my misarriage last month so not too sure what my cycle is doing. Although the bleed was heavy it was quite brief, unlike last time when it carried on for 3 or 4 days. I went to the dr today, he said that even though there's not been much blood it's likely to be an mc becuase I'm more at risk having just had one. He also said I have to wait 4 weeks before I can test to see if I'm still pregnant which I know is rubbish because last time the early pregnancy unit told me to test 10 days after my bleed and it came up negative. I've still been feeling sick today but I can't be sure whether I'm just imaging it or if it's unrelated to being pregnant. I just can't believe this is happening agin, it sucks.

Aw hon...so sorry this is happening to you. How are you feeling? I mc in Jan and have just got a BFP too so can imagine how hard this is.....thinking of you and hoping that it's not a mc this time for you xxxx

Hi Ellie, Really sorry, this must be awful for you - sending big hugs your way:hug::hug:

I had a D&C at 11 weeks preg two weeks ago today and god knows what my body is doing now, tum is all crampy and strange , I guess my hormones are getting it back to normal.

These things really muck about with your system don't they and drag your emotions with it..

Take care and fingers crossed that it's not as it seems for you..

JJ X

Thanks both. Feeling pretty rubbish Karen, yesterday was awful, today I'm feeling slightly hopeful because there's been no more blood but I know that's just going to make it ten times worse later on when/if I find I've definitely lost the baby. Every time I go to the loo I expect to find loads of blood, I don't know how I'm going to wait 2 weeks until I can do a test. Congrats on your BFP, I'm sure all will go well for you xx

Do you have to go back to the docs for a follow up to make sure that there is nothing still to come or will they scan you etc , just incase some times you can get an infection

It does get easier , but I know that doesn't help you feel better now, X

Last edited:
hi hun am sorry ur having a bad time at the mo. cant u ask ur docs to do ur bloods to see if ur hcg levels r droping. i had a mc in dec then got pregnant straight away but mc again. i was being seen by the epu the second time and they were doing my bloods every 48 hours. its so hard to just sit and wait and not know. hope ur feeling ok any way hun. fingers crossed for u xxx

Dr wasn't very helpful actually, I asked if I needed to come back if I had more bleeding and he said no. I was really uncomfortable with just leaving it with no follow up appointments, especially as I'm sure I've not bled enough and don't want to risk infection, so in the end he agreed I could come back in 2 weeks to 'see how you're feeling' but he didn't offer any blood tests or anything. I wish I'd seen the dr I saw last time, at least he referred me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital even though it was too early to have a scan.

Aw hon, I would phone doctor again and ask for an EPU referral to check you out - think it's daft that you haven't been seen after such a bleed. Thinking of you xxx

Hey EllieL, i'm sorry ur going through this. Is there any chance you could go back to your doctors and see i diffrent doctor so you can talk about ur concerns and see if they can scan or do blood tests? Sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back