How long does this last for?(tmi)

Mumof3

Reaction score
I'm still bleeding at the moment, and getting pretty painful cramps too.
I wasn't really having any problems as it was just a light bleed.
But since I woke this morning the cramps are painful and it's red blood, and clotty too.
I'm guessing this is normal?
I've been looking online on what to expect but i can't really find anything.
All I can see is it saying if you soak through a pad in an hour then to go get seen, but nothing really about how long it will last, and anything else to expect.
The nurses at the hospital didn't say anything either.
i just rang up for my results, they told me, told me to ring back on monday, and all she did was tell me to take a preg test on monday to see if it was neg, and to ring with the results of that. and that was it.

last time, the bleeding started off red with bad cramps, then went brown, but this time it's the other way round,

are you letting it pass natrualy or did yo have a d&c? as if you had a d&c and you are now cramping you must go back to the hospital as this is a sign there is still some of it left inside you
if its natural passing im sorry i cant help but i would think if it gets to bad to cope with ring your gp and get some strong painkillers
manda xx

it's a natural m/c.
i got some strong ones from the chemist which are helping.
but ive had to put my son on a bottle now cause i cant take them and feed him.
im hoping he'll go back to the breast after ive finished taking them

Hi,

sorry to hear that, it's horrid isn't it :hug: . How many weeks gone were you? I was 10 weeks gone so it was a case of going to hospital as the clots were the size of my fist at the beginning which was very scary. If it helps they didn't really do anything there other than putting me on a drip because of the sudden blood loss. When they had established that my pregnancy wasn't viable then they gave me Ibuprofen as well as Paracetamol for the cramps. After 48 hours it slowed down to a very heavy period level with lots of small clots. I tried to rest a lot and I used one of those wheat packs that you put in the microwave for the cramping too. My problem was what size of towel to use as once I got home because I was scared about a large clot coming again so I actually used my son's nappies for a few days held up with big pants :oops: It made me feel a bit safer though but I would have been ok with maternity towels I think. The bleeding tailed right off after 5 days but kind of dragged on for a fortnight from when it first started but I get the impression that is quite a long time for it and to be honest the last few days I was down to a pant liner. It was only painful for the days when the flow was heavy though.

I hope that helps in some way. If you have any other questions just ask or PM me if you want. :hug: It's horrible not knowing what to expect, they didn't give me any ideas about what to expect in hospital either, I found answers to my questions on here to be honest.

:hug: :hug:
+++

Hi Sorry to hear of your loss and what you're going through.

I had a similar experience to Rosebay with a natural mc at 10 weeks...huge clots, sudden blood loss causing me to pass out...if this happens lie down if you can, my DH had to call an ambulance and i was taken to A&E. Dont want to scare you, I was fine and put on a drip and kept in overnight...it was the blood rushing from my head that made me pass out...so the first thing they told my DH to do was to get me to lie down before ambulance arrived. However, I had very little pain with both my mcs. Btw, if you do lie down, you'll probably get a strong blood flow when you stand up again, just so you're ready for it. But once the large clots had passed, the bleeding was just like a light period.

I have heard of others not having nearly as much blood loss as that, just like a heavy period, so you may be lucky. Don't know how far gone you were?

I really hope you're ok, sounds like you're coping really well, but if the bleeding does get heavy, don't be afraid to go to A&E - I was seen immediately - to be honest, they can't leave you in that state in the waiting room!

Take care, hope it's all ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear what ure going through :(

I had a m/c in may and i started of with light bleeding then after 2 days the odd small clot then i went for an early scan and she said go back for a scan next week to confirm it had actually stopped growing but that afternoon i had severe cramping which lasted 2 hours. then the next morning i went to the hospital and on the way there everything just came out at once it was soaked through my jeans and everything. so im not sure if sometimes it does it gradually? but with me it all came out at once and i hardly bleed after?

Hiya hun my bleeding lasted for about 2 weeks altogether - very light brown spotting for the first week and then like a heavy period with clots for the second week

Hope this helps

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My experience was simular to Rosebay too with very heavy bleeding, large clots and I ending up in A&E - They basically checked me over and waited until the bleeding had slowed and sent me home with painkillers....

Bleeding was very heavy for around a week then it went to like a period then tailed off to light bleeding, I actually bled for over 6 weeks but this is unusual and I think I was basically unlucky as its normally only a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear your having a tough time, I really do know how u feel its a terrible thing to have to go through and nobody deserves it :( if you want to chat at all then please give me a shout :hug:

Hi im sorry to hear of ur loss, when i had my first m/c i bleed for 2 days but my second i bleed for almost 6 weeks for pain relief i took paracematol, everyone is different to how they recover some women bleed more than others so its just a matter of taken each day at a time and yip ive heard if ur bleeding through ur pad in under an hr u need to see ur doctor/midwife,

I'm still bleeding at the moment, and getting pretty painful cramps too.
I wasn't really having any problems as it was just a light bleed.
But since I woke this morning the cramps are painful and it's red blood, and clotty too.
I'm guessing this is normal?
I've been looking online on what to expect but i can't really find anything.
All I can see is it saying if you soak through a pad in an hour then to go get seen, but nothing really about how long it will last, and anything else to expect.
The nurses at the hospital didn't say anything either.
i just rang up for my results, they told me, told me to ring back on monday, and all she did was tell me to take a preg test on monday to see if it was neg, and to ring with the results of that. and that was it.

last time, the bleeding started off red with bad cramps, then went brown, but this time it's the other way round,

are you letting it pass natrualy or did yo have a d&c? as if you had a d&c and you are now cramping you must go back to the hospital as this is a sign there is still some of it left inside you
if its natural passing im sorry i cant help but i would think if it gets to bad to cope with ring your gp and get some strong painkillers
manda xx

it's a natural m/c.
i got some strong ones from the chemist which are helping.
but ive had to put my son on a bottle now cause i cant take them and feed him.
im hoping he'll go back to the breast after ive finished taking them

Hi,

sorry to hear that, it's horrid isn't it :hug: . How many weeks gone were you? I was 10 weeks gone so it was a case of going to hospital as the clots were the size of my fist at the beginning which was very scary. If it helps they didn't really do anything there other than putting me on a drip because of the sudden blood loss. When they had established that my pregnancy wasn't viable then they gave me Ibuprofen as well as Paracetamol for the cramps. After 48 hours it slowed down to a very heavy period level with lots of small clots. I tried to rest a lot and I used one of those wheat packs that you put in the microwave for the cramping too. My problem was what size of towel to use as once I got home because I was scared about a large clot coming again so I actually used my son's nappies for a few days held up with big pants :oops: It made me feel a bit safer though but I would have been ok with maternity towels I think. The bleeding tailed right off after 5 days but kind of dragged on for a fortnight from when it first started but I get the impression that is quite a long time for it and to be honest the last few days I was down to a pant liner. It was only painful for the days when the flow was heavy though.

I hope that helps in some way. If you have any other questions just ask or PM me if you want. :hug: It's horrible not knowing what to expect, they didn't give me any ideas about what to expect in hospital either, I found answers to my questions on here to be honest.

+++

Hi Sorry to hear of your loss and what you're going through.

I had a similar experience to Rosebay with a natural mc at 10 weeks...huge clots, sudden blood loss causing me to pass out...if this happens lie down if you can, my DH had to call an ambulance and i was taken to A&E. Dont want to scare you, I was fine and put on a drip and kept in overnight...it was the blood rushing from my head that made me pass out...so the first thing they told my DH to do was to get me to lie down before ambulance arrived. However, I had very little pain with both my mcs. Btw, if you do lie down, you'll probably get a strong blood flow when you stand up again, just so you're ready for it. But once the large clots had passed, the bleeding was just like a light period.

I have heard of others not having nearly as much blood loss as that, just like a heavy period, so you may be lucky. Don't know how far gone you were?

I really hope you're ok, sounds like you're coping really well, but if the bleeding does get heavy, don't be afraid to go to A&E - I was seen immediately - to be honest, they can't leave you in that state in the waiting room!

Take care, hope it's all ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear what ure going through :(

I had a m/c in may and i started of with light bleeding then after 2 days the odd small clot then i went for an early scan and she said go back for a scan next week to confirm it had actually stopped growing but that afternoon i had severe cramping which lasted 2 hours. then the next morning i went to the hospital and on the way there everything just came out at once it was soaked through my jeans and everything. so im not sure if sometimes it does it gradually? but with me it all came out at once and i hardly bleed after?

Hiya hun my bleeding lasted for about 2 weeks altogether - very light brown spotting for the first week and then like a heavy period with clots for the second week

Hope this helps

My experience was simular to Rosebay too with very heavy bleeding, large clots and I ending up in A&E - They basically checked me over and waited until the bleeding had slowed and sent me home with painkillers....

Bleeding was very heavy for around a week then it went to like a period then tailed off to light bleeding, I actually bled for over 6 weeks but this is unusual and I think I was basically unlucky as its normally only a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear your having a tough time, I really do know how u feel its a terrible thing to have to go through and nobody deserves it :( if you want to chat at all then please give me a shout :hug:

Hi im sorry to hear of ur loss, when i had my first m/c i bleed for 2 days but my second i bleed for almost 6 weeks for pain relief i took paracematol, everyone is different to how they recover some women bleed more than others so its just a matter of taken each day at a time and yip ive heard if ur bleeding through ur pad in under an hr u need to see ur doctor/midwife,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back