Bleeding @ 19 weeks

DanniandBump

Reaction score
Omg ladies.
I just wiped & saw blood.
I'm so scared as I miscarried at 10 weeks in January.
Me and OH did have sex around an hour ago however was not painful so unsure if this is the cause.

So scared.
Has anyone else had this?

It can be called something called cervical erosion especially as its after sex, your cervix is more sensitive I have had that I also have had really bad bleeding at 22 weeks but that unfortunately ended up as my waters broke i had no idea but as I say that was alot of blood i ended up hemoraging i would like to say he stayed in till 33 weeks and he is a full to life healthy 6 year old.
I would defnately say phone your midwife or hospital they will probably check you over or put your mind at ease. I think loads of women actually bleed after sex but still best to get checked out, i didn't mean to scare you saying about me just want you to be aware sometimes bleeding is your bodies warning of something my case is very rare though.

yeah phone to be safe... i think this happened my aunt and it was sex and they had to refrain till baby was here! :hugs: hope bubs is ok chick xx

I would say I'm 90% sure it's bleeding after sex hun and nothing to worry about. I've had this twice, once early on and once at 17 weeks - I know it's really scary I found bright red blood when I wiped and even a small clot - but after the first wipe (I kept going to the toilet every half hour to check) it just got less and less and eventually disappeared later that night. I would say if you are bleeding alot and the blood is increasing and you are getting crampy then phone your midwife, but if it is just that first time wipe that was bad and it has eased right off it is probably just the sex has caused some bleeding. I know it's worrying though - both times it's happened to me I've been really worried - but never sought medical attention as it was always on a weekend and didn't want to cause a fuss!

Hey Hun,
Hope all is ok. I would defo call midwife or out of hours just now. Don't worry about making a fuss. Better to be safe than sorry and know everything is ok

:hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all your lovely replies & advice.
I think I was probably just over reacting a little bit, due to my miscarriage before.
Thankfully.. It was only the one bit of blood when wiping and haven't had anymore last night or this morning.
I have made the decision not to call the midwife, as I have my scan in 9 days anyway.

Thanks again for all your lovely replies - definately settled my mind last night.. I was a trembling wreck lol.

xxx

That's good hun, I know the worry when you see blood! I've had a previous miscarriage too and the first time I bled after sex at about 7 or 8 weeks I spent the whole night crying convinced it was another miscarriage, but bubs is still here thank God! xx

Thanks amandapanda - it's REALLY scary isn't it.
And lol - I spent the night crying too! I felt a bit of a pansy yesterday when I realised it probably just because of the sex & nothing more!

I just realised we're 1 day apart! How exciting - we could go into labour at the same time! :) is this your first? xxx

Yes this is my first - got my 20 week scan on Monday (snow permitting!). About the bleeding...both times it happened I said 'right, that's it, we're not having sex till May now, it's too stressful!!' but somehow I just can't resist him, ha ha!. Glad all is well now....is it your first too? xx

Awww Jealous - You have your scan before me!
Will you be uploading your pics? If so, I can't wait to see :D

Haha, i know what you mean about saying no. I'm like yeahh, we should give it a rest - never happens :L

& yeah, it's my first tooo! How exciting - I'm glad I have a bump buddy lol :)
How is your bump coming along? Are you showing yet? xxx

I haven't really got a bump...I'm a big girl and baby is taking it's time to fill out, lol. I am noticing I'm sticking out a bit more at the top of my tummy but am just saggy on the bottom - ha ha! Will def put up pics of my scan :)

Hi Girls,

Im having my first too, 18+2 now! I also have had bleeding after sex and even when Ive have an orgasm without sex I often get brown discharge.....sorry tmi but thought it would help to know others are also out there experiancing the same sorts of things. I was told that its very common and is to do with sensitivity of the cervix which is full of blood holding and protecting baby. So long as any bleeding isnt too heavy and accompanied by bad pain/cramps its pretty normal although soooo scary! I have my scan on the 13th I cant wait but just hope all is ok too! Im such a worry wort.

Wishing you girlies the best with the rest of you pregnancies, its the most wonderful thing ever!

xx

Amandapanda - Aww bless you! At least you don't have to worry about the expense of maternity clothing lol - (nightmare). Lol - I'm sure it's not saggy you silly bugger :p. Aww, I'm excited for your scan now! It's so exciting - the picture will be so much clearer than @ 12 wks. What was your 12 week scan pic like? Mine was rubbish :(.

Hi SB17, thanks for your message :)! Lol @ your tmi - settling to know that we've all had the same sort of thing!
Aww, I'm sure everything will be fine at your scan :) I know they say this is the big one, but most of the time things are fine and dandy :)!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back