Bladder Leakage

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I posted this in Tri 2 with no response. Can anyone help??.......please?? looooool

Well...this is kinda embarrasing...:blush:

Ok here goes -

When I was pg with my 1st I was a healthy 20yr old with no problems down there...after birth I was left with a constant leak down there, everything still looks/feels the same, its just my bladder. Since then i've had to wear panty liners each day, and change of underwear 3x daily. Well...since falling pg again this problem has got alot worse, there is now more than a liner can handle, I will have to actually go and buy some sort of incontinence pad. I have been wearing 2 liners on top of each other and changing 4/5x a day, but I need to bite the bullet and get these pads and i'm mortified.

Oh and didn't do pelvic floors with first (obviously I should have going by my probs) and haven't remembered to do any with this one.:dohh:

Anyone else have this problem, if so what did you buy? Did pelvic floors help?

:blush::blush:

Must of missed this in tri-2, sorry hunny. I have had problem this pregnancy, its not constant but if i dont go when I need to, or laugh/sneeze i leak. I have been remembering my pelvic floor for the last two weeks and it seems to have helped slightly, its worth a try hunny, hope they help x x

Must of missed this in tri-2, sorry hunny. I have had problem this pregnancy, its not constant but if i dont go when I need to, or laugh/sneeze i leak. I have been remembering my pelvic floor for the last two weeks and it seems to have helped slightly, its worth a try hunny, hope they help x x

Awww thanks M2A

Do you need to buy any pads (u dont need to answer if u dont want to) I have it constant but gets worse if I laugh/sneeze.

The joys eh!

Panty liners are fine at the mo hunny, im hoping it doesnt get any worse and goes once she arrives (maybe im wishful thinking!) Id speak to your mw and see if there is anything she can suggest, sorry I cant be much more help but definetly try pelvic floor's hunny x x

I really really wanna do pelvic floors, I just cannot remember at all - im lucky i remember to take my vitamins. I remember like once or twice a day about pelvics and thats it. How often do you do yours? 10x a day?

:)

I do mine when im brushing my teeth morning and night, everytime i go the toilet or get stuck at traffic lights and then on a monday we do them at aquanatal. I do them on sets of 10 some quick ones and some that last for around 10 secs. Maybe try setting reminders on your phone, i have to do that for my anemia tablets! x x

Thats the one thing that is consistent with me - going to the toilet constantly, i'm gonna start doing them when at the toilet - not actually when doing a pee, but when I get the thought to go. I also do alot of walking/crossing roads ect, so could do the lights thing with that.

I'm gona give myself a mini challenge - from now til 2/3 weeks time, i'll do them alot and see what the ole bladder is like by then. Which kinda fits in with a mw apt i have in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the advice m2a.

Ill pop you a reminder when i remember lol :D
Hope they help hunny x x

I missed this too in tri2 sorry...

Im the same and M2A.. if i laugh i leak..badly :blush: its friggin horrid :(
coughing and sneezing/blowing nose too... :( doesnt help that i have a stinkin cold atm :(

Thats the one thing that is consistent with me - going to the toilet constantly, i'm gonna start doing them when at the toilet - not actually when doing a pee, but when I get the thought to go. I also do alot of walking/crossing roads ect, so could do the lights thing with that.

I'm gona give myself a mini challenge - from now til 2/3 weeks time, i'll do them alot and see what the ole bladder is like by then. Which kinda fits in with a mw apt i have in 2 weeks.

Dont do them when u pee or when u need to pee coz it can cause a water infection apparently....

Dont do them when u pee or when u need to pee coz it can cause a water infection apparently....

I'll never get them done at this rate coz i need a pee allll the time

:oooo:

I think its not to do it while you pee or right after.. something about the urine goes bk in the tubey bit...

Yeah i've heard that too.

I've done them about 5x today so thats a start at least.

How often do you do yours?

I done them alot at the start as often as i could remember.. and ive felt 'stronger' down there since doing it as much as i can for a couple of weeks.. not only does it stop leakage it helps push the baby out.. so thats what i focus on lol! every time i remember i have to get this LO out i do it lol!! tbh not as often these past couple of weeks, got alot on my mind.. but thanks for reminding me ill be doing it a few times a day now!!

Thankyou for this post.
I've never told anyone, but I'm in the same position. It started after my first, I leak constantly and wear sanitary towels all day and night- the incontinence ones are just too bulky and uncomfortable for me. It's definitly gotten worse since being pg again. But I've never tried pelvic floor thingys- how do they work? I can't even speak to my docs about it, I'm too embarrassed. OH doesn't know either- how did you tell yours, littlemiss?

Wow I feel better knowing someone else knows how this feels x

Last edited:
:hug: i couldnt imagine telling my OH we just arent that 'comfortable' y'no? perks of only knowing him for less than 10months :( hes kinda immature so if he knew id 'peed' he would just finding it hysterical (not in a mean way) and that would kill me!

really read up on how to do them bex they do work.. its the only way to stop it as far as i know.. maybe i should read up on it too :lol:

Ladies, please don't be embarrassed about it, it's something that happens to a log of women, price to pay for our bundles of joy. Do try pelvic floor exercises and I believe there is a very simple surgery you can do to stop it

Thankyou for this post.
I've never told anyone, but I'm in the same position. It started after my first, I leak constantly and wear sanitary towels all day and night- the incontinence ones are just too bulky and uncomfortable for me. It's definitly gotten worse since being pg again. But I've never tried pelvic floor thingys- how do they work? I can't even speak to my docs about it, I'm too embarrassed. OH doesn't know either- how did you tell yours, littlemiss?

Wow I feel better knowing someone else knows how this feels x

Oh thank god, someone else!! lool

I've heard that sanitary towels and pads shouldn't be used for opposite purposes, something to do with them being for the one purpose only - not 100% but I did read something about it somewhere. I have bought a pack of tena lady lights, along with my shopping then thought, omg normally the stuff doesn't come in bags, i'll be mortified if the guy passes me them. I hope they're not too bulky to wear. Its getting worse with just using liners coz they're getting soaked thro too quickly and tend to curl up and end up hanging off (sorry tmi) so I defo need something more substantial.

I've not told OH....too embarrased. He probs wouldn't bother if I did tell him, but I dont see the need if that makes sense.

Pelvic floors is just when you pull all your muscles in and hold it - should be more info on google. They did tell me to do then with my 1st but I didn't bother, defo not making that mistake again!

Ladies, please don't be embarrassed about it, it's something that happens to a log of women, price to pay for our bundles of joy. Do try pelvic floor exercises and I believe there is a very simple surgery you can do to stop it

simple...? is it expensive....?

A friend of mine had it done but not i this country, she said it changed her life. It is of course done if nothing else helps. As embarassing as it is, if you dont complain about it, they wont offer you help ifykwim? Maybe going to a female GP will be easier? I dont have the problem so can only go by my friend's experience, I am definitely doing my pelvic floor exercises though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back