Blackpool Zoo

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Hello mums...

Bit of an odd question but has anyone been to Blackpool Zoo since they have had the Amazonia section there? I have booked me and partner to go this weekend for his birthday (we love the zoo) and want to take our little girl as she loves watching animals running around (she is in stitches with our dog when hes just chewing his bone nevermind anything else)

Just wondering if the Amazonia section is safe to take a baby... she is 9 months old so we would be taking her pram... ive been watching youtube videos and the monkeys are climbing all over everyone! Im guessing they arent vicious but im just a bit worried incase anything happens :S

Thanks and sorry for the long post :)

We went and took the babies through. No monkeys really came near us one went next to the pram probably to have a peek, they did tell us to put the boys dummies away because they are known to pinch them. That's probably why the monkey was looking in the pram for a dummy to pinch! It's only a little walk through was in 5 mins tops. :)

Last edited:
:lol: Its not the amazonia area you need to be worried about its the lemurs!

We went last October and it was lovely. In the amazonia area they dont like the monkeys to climb on you and the pushchairs (I knew this and stayed quiet when they decided to come investigate - otherwise the keepers come running with their spray bottle! AJ loved it and its fab being so close) They do ask you to put everything loose away and no food.

I think LO will be fine :)

The lemurs were a different matter. We went through lemur wood and they have no fear we were surrounded! OH had one on his shoulder and AJ had one on the back of the buggy and there was about another 5 ready to climb on us. OH and AJ loved it, I was quite shocked as they just appeared from nowhere. This had never happen the previous 5 time I'd been though.

Just be prepared to shoo them away.

Well we went yesterday and it was fab :) we went into Amazonia twice as the first time we were too busy trying to keep the monkeys off Francesca :) second time we carried her round! It's quite surreal being that close to something like that!

:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back