help ! advice please

mishm

Reaction score
Hiya well its about my christmas shopping,its my husbands sister im having a problem about,they have not spoke to eachother in 5 yrs now never see her or her kids ocasionally his niece when shes at his mums but thats not often at all,anyway every year we have got the kids presents at xmas (she has only ever got our kids once since they were born)which we dont mind and enjoy doing but this year we dont have alot of money and said we would get our kids first then as long as they have there stuff we can get what we can afterwards for other people thing is its only just over 1 week away and still got lots to get like food shopping and bills ect,but we havnt got his niece's and nephews anything because last year she had 3 kids but this yr she has had another 2 babie's so its gone from 3 to 5 which is alot to buy for when u just cant afford it,thing is my husband said to me that he thinks his mum will take the huff over it and think that we should of got them something and probably think he's being mean and cause another arguement over it which is not what im wanting esp at xmas.
just wanted to know what your opinions were ?
thanks in advance and sorry for the long post :oops:

if i was you i would try get them just a selection box each, whats the point when yu dont see them? Ok i know you dont give to recieve but it is the thought that counts

we havent bought anyone this year except our girls simply because we cant afford it at all.

You cant magic money (if only we could) but just sort your self out and IF you have a spare few pound left then go get them a selection box, tbh i think kids get far too much at x-mas time now and what happend to the real meaning of christmas?

If you cant do it hun you cant do it, stuff what his mum thinks, if shes soooo botherd why dont she buy them something from yous?

dont beat yourselvs up over it hun
and have a great day with you kids
xxxxxxxxxx

Stuff OHs mum, put you and yours first.

My OHs dad has been round today to give Callum his birthday money. We get nieces and nephew presents every year even though we never see them or even speak to them on the phone. This morning, his sister had the cheek to pass on a message saying she didn't want selection boxes or educational toys for them, and FIL gave me a list of ideas from Argos (in her writing). We've only ever seen her youngest once (they're 6, 4 and 2), she's never bought ours anything, but at the top of this list was a £70 go-cart for the 2 yr old :shock: :rotfl: .

OMG :shock: The cheek of it!

I only buy pressies for my parents, T's parents, his brothers and his nans (and of course each other and the pets) The rest just get cards.

i agree with the selection boxs but if you fancy getting something else why not get them something really cheap eg something on offer in woolies or a pound shop? i know i sound cheap but when money is tight why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back