Biting your lo! Weird but makes sense?

i.love

Reaction score
Basically, my cousins lo developed a nasty habit of coming up to her and biting her with all his nine teeth :) What would u do? Someone has suggested biting him back! Weird thought but I guess it makes sense - will teach him that he gets what he gives, and that being bitten does not feel nice.

What u think?

I'm not 100% convinced on it tbh. My thinking is if you child came up to you and hit you, you wouldn't do the same back, so why would you bite them, it's the same principal to me.

But I haven't got any other suggestions on how I'd deal with a biting child.

xx

What age is the LO? Im nto sure biting back is the way forward - seems a bit extreme and two wrongs don't make a right.

Rachaellius well some people would slap a child for such behaviour...

What age is the LO? Im nto sure biting back is the way forward - seems a bit extreme and two wrongs don't make a right.

So what would u do? U can't just ignore it can u? I think he is about 10 months old

My brother was a biter so we trained him like you would a dog
When he bit we shouted OWWWWWWW so loud it frightened him then turned full body away from him and refused contact for a while. He hated it and stopped soon enough he used to spit too and same method worked xxx

:whistle: Fapatalking :whistle:

When he bit we shouted OWWWWWWW so loud it frightened him then turned full body away from him and refused contact for a while. He hated it and stopped soon enough he used to spit too and same method worked xxx

Oh that sounds like a good approach, I should remember that in case G starts doing smth like this too

My lo is 20 months and is going through a phase of hitting and biting me, i have never hit or bit him back. I firmly place his arms by his side and tell him in a low but stern voice that he is not to hit or bite as it not nice and acceptable behaviour and that it makes mummy upset. If he continues to tantrum i tell him again and walk away from the situation. He hasnt biten for a while and mainly just hits but i plan to carry on with this technique.

I would never, ever bite a child back.. I think lynette's idea is brilliant!

That sounds like a good method x

It made him scared to bite us as the owwwww made him jump and then no contact when he was bewildered taught him just not to do it. This would be followed up by some positive reinforcement when he proceeded to play nicely and lots of cuddles xx he was so bad he drew blood he bit you so hard the little shit!!

He's 16 now hahaa I bite him now as I'm big sis and I show him who's boss when we muck about and he still to this day refuses to bite back x

After lynette advising me this my little biter hardly ever bites anymore!! She's still hitting but im working on it xx

Nawww yay it worked for you xxxxx it takes some time but its a good method x works great on puppies too

My mum used to do this to me, not as hard as I would bite her but just enough that I stopped, not that I did it often, but then my mum was a harsh punisher....

Lol if I had dared bit my mam she would have chucked me out the Fucking window then my nan would have cracked me one too!! Times have changed she sure mellowed when she had my brother....there is 13yrs between us though ha

My great gran bit me back and I never did it again :lol: don't think I could bite my LO's. I've tried hitting Eva back but its so light she just giggles and hits me harder haha. She's a good girl though she doesn't hit out of anger or frustration x

tapatalking!!!

I personally don't think that biting back is the answer. I think you have to remember that babies/young kids have no concept of moral wrongdoing and even though they need to be taught that biting is wrong, doing it back to them is a bit unethical. If/when Jack starts doing things like this i'll discipline him. Probably try talking to him sternly and explaining that it's wrong. If that doesn't work then i guess Lynette's 'ignoring' tip would be the next step x

My mum did it to my sister, I think she was about...6, cause she bit me and drew blood... Think my mum just put her teeth on her arm and my sister pulled her face as she knew what was coming next but my mum stopped thwre as it was enough and she never did it again x

Same here, my mum bit me back, was about 3 I think and I never bit her again lol! Yes times have changed, love lynettes advise, I'm gonna store that :) Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back