Biting your lo! Weird but makes sense?

Lynettes idea sounds good !!
We used to do something similar with my cousin when he would always play about with the buttons on the tv & try putting his fingers in the video player we would turn the tv right up loud that he would run away from the noise after a few times it done the trick so really think it will work with biting too :)!

Sent from my crappy HTC WILDFIRE S

If my lo hit or bit me I said oww then sat him on his bottom he hasnt bit for ages now.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I think it depends on the age of the child. My cousin did it to one of her kids, and once was enough. If it was an older child I might be tempted, as I've known kids who learn that if you hit a playmate they can often hit back, but if you bite them they don't return that.

But if it was a toddler I don't think it's quite the same.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

my mum bit me back, i was and still am a biter lol i just learnt when it wasnt ok to bite ppl

I couldn't bite or hit Jack back. Lynette's solution sounds really good. My Sister (6 years younger) was a biter. One day she went to bite one of her little friends while they were playing and the little girls Mum screamed her name at her, frightened her so much she cried and never bit again!! The Mum & my Mum were very close so my Mum was ok with my Sister being told off by her. Sometimes someone else telling a LO off has far more effect than Mum or Dad doing it x

We do and still do similar to what Lynette suggested, AJ when he is naughty/hits etc.

So pleased he's never bit, fingers x'ed eh? x

Lynette's suggestion is great . Thankfully my girls don't bite (yet) but I don't believe in hitting or biting as a punishment . My mam used to be very vicious with her punishments and I don't think it taught me anything other than how NOT to treat my children

works great on puppies too

:whistle: Fapatalking :whistle:

Just don't scream if you have a high prey drive breed - it excites them into biting harder!!! ;)

Apart from that I agree with either telling the child it was not an acceptable behaviour or ignoring the behaviour and refocussing onto an appropriate behaviour were praise can/will be earned instead.

I agree Lynettes is the best idea.

Funnily enough I was gonna say - whenever my LO bit me i'd give out a scream coz she'd always sneak up & do it, so that would startle her, once or twice she even cried with fright which made me feel bad. When they're teething they dont half bite down hard eh!

xxxxxxxx

Now that aoibheann is older the naughty chair is great , as for lily a very firm no stops her in her tracks

Totally off subject but how do you pronounce that tt? Such an interesting name! :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

That's really lovely! :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111