Bit worried...

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
As I have my 20 week scan next week on weds, and for the last 6 weeks at least, I have been automatically thinking about my daughter, calling bump 'she' and referring to 'her' movements. I actually would find it really hard to believe I had a boy in there! I've only ever pictured myself with a daughter since I was about 13!
So if they tell me I have a boy I'm really worried I won't be able to bond with him as I really want my baby girl. I feel terrible saying it, and it's not that I would hate to have a boy, but my girl is already real to me and I would almost feel like I'd lost her.
It's so hard to explain, is anyone else feeling this?
Anyone had it and found out that they aren't getting what they were expecting??

My OH and my mum are the only ones who know how I feel and even they don't quite understand...I feel like if I tell people then they'll think I'm a terrible mum-to-be!!

Oh you're not alone becky, I am convinced that I'm having a boy and have been referrring to bab as 'he' since I found out. The difference with mine is that I really want a girl but I'm so convinced that it's a boy that i'm worried that I'm right. If I found out that it was a boy, I wouldn't love it any less but I really really would prefer a girl....

xxx

Well if your finding out at the 20 week scan that's perfect and will give you time to adjust if a boy. Then you will love a boy, they are so affectionate and much easier than girls, and remember , you may not stop at one baby ? Enjoy your scan Hun

I thought I was having a girl this time and really wanted another girl but as soon as they said I'm having a boy, I fell in live with him automatically! Everyone asked if I was disappointed but I wasn't! I can't wait to have a son now!!
Goodluck at your scan Hun x x

I was the same hun, I've wanted a little girl my whole life, and I've always, ALWAYS wanted my first to be a girl, cause I love the idea of a big sister to look after her little brother. But as soon as I told people I was pregnant, literally EVERYONE has been convinced I'm having a boy. I remember crying to hub one night that I wanted a girl, but now - 10 or so weeks later, because everyone has been talking about little boys, and my brothers have been emailing me boys clothes and toys etc, I absolutely LOVE the thought that this one might be a boy. And if you had told me 10 weeks ago that I'd say that, I would have laughed at you! We're not finding out what we're having, but I'm SO pleased that people said baby is a boy, even if he turns out to be a she - because whether it's a boy or girl, I will be absolutely over the moon. That's a REALLY long way of saying - try hard not to worry about it. If you do find out on Wed it's a boy, then give yourself time to get over the shock/disapointment, and then go look at all the GORGEOUS boy clothes, and toys etc, and before long you will not be able to imagine your little one being a girl! xxxxx

i was sure it was a girl, so was OH. And i was worried that i would be disapointed and feel that i had lost my little girl if they told me it was a boy. I even prayed night before scan that please let it be my little girl.
It was a boy. And honestly, i was disapointed for a second, but then looking at him on the screen knowing that was my little boy.. it just changed everything. Now im totally in love with my boy.
i hope to have a little girl in the future tho but oh have said no more then 1 child.

im sooo happy that im having my little noa.

Thanks so much everyone!!
I guess I'm just continuing my mum's traits - she had no money when I was born so desperately wanted a girl to 'spoil' after me (I had all my older bros stuff)... she went on to have 2 more boys before my sister. I remember her desperation each time, and disappointment, and she's said if my sister had been a boy she would've kept having kids until she got a girl.
I think because it was such a big deal to her it's got lodged in my head that I might have problems having a girl and I almost want to get that out of the way if that makes sense?

By the way, my brothers are all very much loved by mum :) although I did make a point of telling them how unwanted they were when we argued as kids hehe :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back