bit upset after review and birthing options

lotus

Reaction score
Went for anti-natal review today (have them every 2 weeks due to my health probs), luckily, baby is fine. However, I am not. They told me I wont be able to give birth naturally because of the pressure I would put on my spinal cord (have spina bifida) and I also cant have an epidural or spinal block because of spina bifida and therefore will most likely be having a section with a full General anaestetic!
I am not bothered about GA as I have had a few in my time, but was totally shocked. I wont know for certain until 2 weeks after i have spoken to consultant ant anaethetist.
I also might have an explanation for the back pain i have been getting - baby could be pushing on spine, I could have a serious condition that would normally require urgent major spinal surgery (which I now might need after giving borth), or I might have a degenerated disk. I just cant deal with this at moment and neither can boyf, hence he has gone to pub!
OK, just needed to get it off my chest!
Jo

Poor you, so much uncertainty! I hope they find out that whatever the problem with your spine is, it is the lesser of the two evils. C-section under a general anesthetic doesn't sound like much fun either. Hope you can get some better news on that too. Glad that baby is fine :hug:

Awww hun :hug: :hug:

Glad baby is doing ok, sorry to hear you are unable to have a natural birth :hug:

As Gingerpig said, I hope the back problem will be the minor one of the two for you.

Sending you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back