So upset!!!!Please give me a cuddle!

lillyblue

Reaction score
I am a little upset today as you probably know from subject title!!

Gets home today to my house living at MIL whilst doing the house up as we have just bought it, find a letter from hospital saying I have got an appointment on tuesday for a pre operative assesment and analgesia?????? As far as I am concerned the midwife said she wouldnt see me until a week after my due date 14th april for a sweep if things hadnt already started! :(

So rang the ante natal clinic and spoke to a right cow (sorry) I explained what the letter said and she said its to have an appointment regarding pain relief during my labour.... Now I have got adult spinabifida and was wondering if this means I may have to be put to sleep rather than an epi or spinal!! Or if I might have to have a planned c section altogether.

I know nobody will probaby know but was so upset because the letter was dated thursday and you think they would give you more time and explain it properly so I didnt have to ring and speak to the woman who made me sound so thick!!!

Sorry for the long post!!!

xx

Is it possible it's an appointment to see an anethatist so they can assess if they will have any dificulties with an epidural if you need one?

I have a high BMI and it's pretty standard for them to want you to see an anethatist to make sure you've not got too much back fat - you may have to have one cos of your spinabifida, for them to check they could administer an epi/spinal.

:hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i'd try not to stress untill the app, talk thro your fears and concerns etc with the person and then you'll have more of an idea for when you write your birth plan etc....

Hiya I had to have an appointment with an anaethetist at about 30 weeks too cus I have a high BMI - I think they just see anyone who may be a slightly 'higher' risk. It was to suss out my needs in case of either wanting an epidural or if I might end up needing a c section for whatever reason. It doesn't mean that you are going to have a section or that you'll be put under general they tend only to put emergency sections uunder general when they need to happen very quickly - otherwise even emergency secitons are mostly under local as it is safer, so try not to worry it sounds pretty standard but that woman shouldn't have been so rude to you xxx

Well firstly it's not very much notice to give you, so is def a bit crap of them. But I think anyone who 'could' have potential problems for whatever reason is asked to see an anaesthetist a month or two before your due date, just to run through things now so that everyone is aware if anything needs to be taken into account should you need an epidural or c section at the time.

That's what my consultant said at my 20wk scan when I asked her why I had to see the anaesthetist at 36 weeks. I'd got a letter just after my 12 wk scan, but it didn't say why I needed to see them, just that I did.

So hopefully it'll be to just run through the options with you and make you aware of any additional procedures they may need to follow should you need an anaesthetic on the day.

Hope it goes OK, let us know how you get on, x

Oh, and here's your cuddle... :hug:

Thanks Ladies!!

So if I couldnt have and epidural due to the hole in my spine there may be an additional procedure!!

Well I am there tomorrow so fingers crossed everything will be ok

thanks for my cuddles ladies feeling alot calmer even though its a monday morning and I have had no sleep again arrrghhhh :lol:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back