Bit scarey!!

ZoeM

Reaction score
:wave:

Anyone else begun to read the NHS purple and green pregnany book that they give you at your first antenatal appointment?

It horrified me a bit to read that after you've gone through all that hard work pushing your baby out, you then have to spend up to an hour trying to push out the placenta!!!! :shock: :shock:

Q to all you second time around mothers...doea it hurt to push out the placenta?? Gory!!

Z

im sure iv heard that as well that they give you an injection as well, i dont think you would really notice hopefully, but im sure someone can answer your question better than i can in a bit :hug: :hug:

its ok Zoe dont worry about it, you can have an injection that speeds up the delivery of the placenta (mine took about 5-10minutes to come out).
Plus once you have your baby you dont care about it and you most likely wont even notice it because you'll be too intrested in the little one. It didnt hurt when i delivered mine but even if it does its not going to be anywhere as near as sore as delivering a baby which you'll have already done by that stage. :D

mine kinda slipped out.. its not that big compared to a hard babys head..plus the midwife pulls it a little too.. obviously not when its attached to you..you can have the injection.. but if you do the baby doesnt get all the blood its ment to have.. what is better for the baby is to not have the injection and leave the cord pulsate untill all the blood the baby is ment to have, untill the cord stops pulsating, either have it cut then.. or wait till the placenta is delivered. it can take up to an hour.. but you dont even feel it.. mine as i said just slipped out.

i had the injection it only took a few mins to come out and i didnt feel it at all! i was 2 interested in my new little man :hug:

dont worry about it hun - after i had the injection it pretty much slid out to be honest :shock: :oops:

You have to remember its the consistency of a huge bit of raw liver :puke: so it just slides out rather than having to push it. You have an injection and then after a while they just say give a push and they pull the cord end to help it along. You're so wrapped up in the baby you'll hardly even notice it, you might just feel a tugging sensation (not painful at all). Then they weigh it, check it over for abnormalities and then it gets sent away for testing - nice hey!!!

Alfie
x

You have to remember its the consistency of a huge bit of raw liver :puke: so it just slides out rather than having to push it. You have an injection and then after a while they just say give a push and they pull the cord end to help it along. You're so wrapped up in the baby you'll hardly even notice it, you might just feel a tugging sensations (not painful at all). Then they weigh it, check it over for abnormalities and then it gets sent away for testing - nice hey!!!

Alfie
x

You have to remember its the consistency of a huge bit of raw liver :puke: so it just slides out rather than having to push it. You have an injection and then after a while they just say give a push and they pull the cord end to help it along. You're so wrapped up in the baby you'll hardly even notice it, you might just feel a tugging sensations (not painful at all). Then they weigh it, check it over for abnormalities and then it gets sent away for testing - nice hey!!!

Alfie
x

:puke: Can you imagine - some women freeze theirs to eat later!!!! :puke:

oops sorry about that don't know why it posted 3 times!!!!????

Yep someone told me it was really good with fried onions and a bit of gravy mash! :puke: :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back